Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ours is starting theirs but nothing new yet. i did see that one had the jr 1:64s on sale for like 3 and the 1:24 for 13.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Who knows wo cares anymore. It's all based on the managers right? Hence why in MO when they did the January reset none of the Daytona 500 displays showed up. The cars did in Feb. and March however. Plus here in St. Louis two of the Wal-Marts are being remodeled big time into supercenters so they've backed off on some inventories to make the changover easier when the building additions are done. The one closest to me is supposedly closing in a few months so they can build a new one on the lot in a different angle to handle the size of the new building if they can't aquire land a couple miles away.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
St. Louis has ZERO Wal-Mart supercenters until now. Theres a few on the outskirts and in Ill. but none where I am at. It's actually cool seeing them converting them over and how they are building the new additions onto old buildings. I remember when they built the second Supercenter ever back home when it was called Hypermart. Sense I normally go home often between St. Louis and KC is a 4 hour drive and if I wanted to waste time I could always stop at the Wal-Marts and Targets off I-70. But as stated in another post collecting isn't as fun anymore and with all they freaking name changes and price increases it just sucks. Plus spending money on memories that will last a lifetime are worth a lot more then a car. That comes from seeing Wicked for the first time and loving it! Musicals aren't for sissys!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
With the frequency WC were released last year, it doesn't really matter. They've come a long way in the last two years with getting their stuff out to the customers. I remember a phone call I made to WC a couple of years ago when they hired a new marketing manager and he told me there would be changes to the way they did mass marketing, and I think they have delivered. I have even seen bitching on here about too many cars!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
kspool said:
With the frequency WC were released last year, it doesn't really matter. They've come a long way in the last two years with getting their stuff out to the customers. I remember a phone call I made to WC a couple of years ago when they hired a new marketing manager and he told me there would be changes to the way they did mass marketing, and I think they have delivered. I have even seen bitching on here about too many cars!!!
What do you expect from a $13 1/24 diecast them to only make 1/36.Its marketed for the masses.For the people that may have the means to buy all the high end diecast. But prefer to buy the lower end diecast.And not invest there kids college fund to purchase the desired high end diecast of your favorite driver.IF they make a certain kenseth diecast scheme in wc and its the only way i can get it.Ill be at wally world in the checkout line even though i dont collect the wc on a regular basis!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Obviously, you missed the point of my post. What I was saying is that 2 years ago, WC had trouble getting the cars out. Now, they are doing a great job getting the cars out. The bitching is that some of the collectors can't keep up is because there are too many cars coming out and it's costing too much money. There were plenty of cars for us this year, that's for sure. I never said I wanted limited quantities of WC cars, so I have no idea where you got that from.

·
Super Moderator
8,752 Posts
the problem is that they are making too many of the same damn car.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Aww, c'mon Ron, don't ya want 8 Jeff Gordon cars with different trinkets?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts