Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here collect racing movies? I am looking for a few and was wondering if someone could help me out....looking for,
LeMans
Grand Prix
Heart Like a Wheel
Corky, Diary of a Stock Car Driver
If I could get them burned onto DVD's, I'll buy the discs and pay the shipping and a compensate you for your trouble.
BTW, Any others that you'all may suggest would be considered also. Trying to find good serious racing movies, not comedies, I.E. Talledega Nights. Also I have Days of Thunder.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Who says Talladega Nights was a comedy-- that was a serious racing movie!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
Who says Talladega Nights was a comedy-- that was a serious racing movie!!
i have to agree. it was a heartfelt look inside of the true passion of Nascar.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never seen it. I am talking from an authenticity stand point. In Grand Prix and in LeMans the racing was very authentic. That's what I am looking for. Hope someone can help.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Come on, Driven isn't on the list? lol. What a disgrace that movie is. Quite honestly... i've never seen any racing movie that did the sport any justice. Given that I haven't seen Le Mans nor Grand Prix as you mention. But I think Days of Thunder did more of a disservice to NASCAR than any other movie I've seen. The only racing movie I own is Cars and that's because my grandfather gave it to me (and every other member of the family) for Christmas last year and I finally watched it a month or two ago. Wasn't bad.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cars was cool for what it was. As far as LeMans and Grand Prix go, the racing was pretty close to authentic as I have seen, but then, I have never been to a Formula One race, or a LeMans race. They tried to make it realistic, but as usual, it was a romance story based in a racing situation, and I guess you're always gonna have that. I enjoyed them though, and they are OLD, so ya gotta take that into consideration.
DoT and Driven were over sensationalized, and that is definately a negative. IMO anyway.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it is in a tongue in cheek manner.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
What about Six Pack??

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
even better................Stroker Ace!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anybody remember "Speedway" w/Elvis? Hr raced a Dodge Charger #6? It was hokey as hell!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.