Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chevy Fan For Life!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2012 Marcos Ambros #9 DeWalt Galaxy Finish 1:24 NASCAR Diecast

Just look at this Marcos Ambrose 2012 #9 DeWalt Galaxy Finish...catastrophe. At first glance I got all excited and thought "ooo test car", then memory was quick to remind me he was primer-ed.
Could somebody enlighten me on the purpose of this piece? I know the real car won't look quite as blank as the render, but it won't be much better.
I never understood special finishes myself, other than the collect-ability aspect based on low numbers, but this puts it over the top. :confused:

Have a good one,
Sam

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
$$$$$$$...when they have the base graphics...then put a 'special finish' on it, they have just doubled, trippled, quadrupled, x-finity increased their sales margin...costs them NOTHING more to produce the same car, same scheme in a different finish particularly if you consider the 'standard' finish still required a wrap/paint..so the finish just means completists need to have more...it's a damn gimmick at the expense of collectors. More fantasy crap instead of using the license and including other drivers...

·
Chevy Fan For Life!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, there's all kinds of wonderful cars never produced, and they make (four letter word(s) of your choice) like this! Like you said, nobody really wants it except for the people who gotta have 'em all (wish I had that kind of money laying around!).

Thanks,
Sam

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
That's just a rendering, I'm sure on the actual car the logos will be visible.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Maybe they can call their new special finish "catastrophe" or "disaster"!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
The next finish they come out with will be the "Klingon Cloaked" finish. With this finish they send you an empty box and still take your payment...

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
The Galaxy finish is just stupid.

Some of the Frost, Stealth, Ice, Brushed Metal, and on and on and on look fairly cool, but they're not anything I'm interested in.

Some of the Colorchromes are cool, too, and I'll occasionally pick one up.

And honestly, I have no interest in Copper, Pewter, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Rhodium, or Iridium cars.

However, I would shell out $200 per car if they'd make a truly authentic raced win Elite, including, dare I say, 'ruining a tool' when necessary. The Earnhardt crash car was so popular, it was re-released. You can't find a Harvick Brickyard win Elite very often, either. I also thought the chunk of raced tire in the 98 Daytona win Elite was a great touch, too.

I guess we'll just have to be content for now with "simulated" blown tires and decals depicting exposed bumper bars and dents.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
I think some cars would look amazing with it being honest, the galaxy deuce, that jr car, and kyles mms car

1 - 20 of 38 Posts