Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Final Four in New Orleans on Friday, and I was curious if any of you are finding new cars on my route from Bowling Green, KY to New Orleans? Haha..as excited as I am to get there, I still have time for pit stops to get new cars. I'll be going through TN, into AL (Birmingham), and then down through Mississippi to Gulfport and over to New Orleans.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
If you mean the new 1:64's Truex, Gordon Pepsi Max, Busch Snickers, etc... then yes I have seen them at Target here in east Tennessee.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
I've bought almost everything from Baton rouge to new orleans.

Hope this helps:

Walmarts:
5110 Jefferson Hwy
Harahan, LA 70123

8912 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003

1901 Tchoupitoulas St
New Orleans, LA 70130

300 W Esplanade Ave
Kenner, LA 70065

4810 Lapalco Blvd
Marrero, LA 70072

1501 Manhattan Blvd
Harvey, LA 70058

4001 Behrman Pl
New Orleans, LA 70114

13001 Highway 90
Boutte, LA 70039

1616 W Airline Hwy
La Place, LA 70068

167 Northshore Blvd
Slidell, LA 70460

4858 Highway 1
Raceland, LA 70394

39142 Natchez Dr
Slidell, LA 70461

thats all the walmarts within a hour from new orleans or in new orleans.

Target:
4500 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70006

1401 W ESPLANADE AVE
Kenner, LA 70065

1731 Manhattan Blvd
Harvey, LA 70058

thats all the targets within a hour from new orleans or in new orleans.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
K Mart:
1400 S Clearview Par
New Orleans, LA 70123

2940 Veterans BLVD
Metairie, LA 70002

7000 Veterans Memori
Metairie, LA 70003

2701 Belle Chasse HW
Gretna, LA 70056

thats all the kmarts within a hour from new orleans or in new orleans.

@Piper Please be cautious when driving in new orleans! We dont drive that good, and we love to drive fast....be cautious of your surroundings too.. oh do not go to burbon street alone! My Brother is a NOPD officer, i know alot of stories that most of the puplic doesn't know.

If you come up to baton rouge area, give me a holla!

oh. and please do not stop at any store, gas station, or resturant between New Orleans City Limits and Slidell... Looking out for your safety, do not stop in New Orleans East.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[MENTION=36]jdneel88[/MENTION] [MENTION=2770]#93Forever[/MENTION]
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.. Yes, I found the first 2 waves before just about anyone, but since then there's been 10 or 12 cars that I can't find anywhere around here in southcentral KY. ****Also, thanks for the safety tips; I've never been there, so I have no clue about the area..I'm simply trusting groups of "blue" to be my UK friends..haha.

[MENTION=2349]ajdinger22[/MENTION]
I'd like to for sure, but I have to work part of tomorrow..so I won't get down that way until about midnight. We're going to try and catch Jimmy Buffett on Sunday night it looks like.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=93Forever said:
#93Forever[/URL]781503]K Mart:

@Piper Please be cautious when driving in new orleans! We dont drive that good, and we love to drive fast....be cautious of your surroundings too.. oh do not go to burbon street alone! My Brother is a NOPD officer, i know alot of stories that most of the puplic doesn't know.

If you come up to baton rouge area, give me a holla!

oh. and please do not stop at any store, gas station, or resturant between New Orleans City Limits and Slidell... Looking out for your safety, do not stop in New Orleans East.
I know this to be true. After Katrina I was part of a group who went to Slidell for a week, to muck out houses.

5 country bumpkins who had never been to a real big city. So we made the mistake of thinking we should drive into New Orleans to see the damage. Let's just say not a smart move.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Just seeing the town a few years back on the top gear speacial showed that it was In bad shape is it still the same

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
New Orleans East will remain abandoned..just like 6 Flags over there.

the State is only wanting to get the City of New Orleans, Utown, City Park, and the Greater New Orleans Area, back to the way it was...

i have a video i did 6 months ago driving through NO East...i found a house still with a CAR on the roof!!!

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=93Forever said:
#93Forever[/URL]783933]New Orleans East will remain abandoned..just like 6 Flags over there.

the State is only wanting to get the City of New Orleans, Utown, City Park, and the Greater New Orleans Area, back to the way it was...

i have a video i did 6 months ago driving through NO East...i found a house still with a CAR on the roof!!!
now that is a video I would like to see!

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
what a car on the roof? i have plenty i saved from katrina, the one i have is on my parents computer an hour away... i'll post a link to it soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts