Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if there wasn't enough pressure on the Steelers already, being the only team w/ a real chance to beat the Patriots this year (in the regular season), Defensive back Anthony Smith "guarantees a win"! Man, they really want to jinx themselves........UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geebi said:
Dumb move.
You can say that again. Just when the I believe the Pat's were taking us lightly. The Pat's practiced today w/o pads. That is the first time they have done that on Wednesday ALL YEAR. I think it's doable, if we play our A game, and they play like they have the last few weeks. But it's just a shot, nowhere near able to be "GARANTEED".......WHAT AN IDIOT!

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I might be showing I'm a Browns fan with this post...but that seems like Pittsburgh to me. Always talking the talk...and usually not being able to back it up. No doubt the Steelers are good...don't get me wrong. But it seems like Pittsburgh and their fans (at least the ones I go to School with and the ones that troll the Browns boards) always talk smack and say they will for sure win and kill the other team and they will give over confident. I do agree the Steelers have a good shot...but just because of the trash talking and "guaranteed win" stuff, I hope they lose.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ya gotta consider the source. He is a second year D-Back, and has been playin' well, so he prolly thinks he will pump up his teammates. The rest o' the team are upset w/him, and several have gone on record saying, he is not qualified to make that kinda statement, etc. Who knows, but I was always anti-trash talking myself. I always thought you should let your play dictate your demeanor. Do your talkin' on the field w/your play and ability.
All I know, is I sure hope the Steelers win, not only because they will be the team to break the streak, but they owe NE for a few Play-off losses that would have been big if we had won.
Also, it should come close to locking the bet I have w/KD on the Steelers vs. Seahawks.
BTW Selby. apparantly ya never were too close to, or in the "Dog Pound" huh? Your guys can hold their own when it comes to talkin' Smack (crap). Both players and fans. LOL!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I love Rodney Harrison's response when he was asked to respond to the guarantee. All he said was "who is he?" lol. EXACTLY.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Well ya gotta consider the source. He is a second year D-Back, and has been playin' well, so he prolly thinks he will pump up his teammates. The rest o' the team are upset w/him, and several have gone on record saying, he is not qualified to make that kinda statement, etc. Who knows, but I was always anti-trash talking myself. I always thought you should let your play dictate your demeanor. Do your talkin' on the field w/your play and ability.
All I know, is I sure hope the Steelers win, not only because they will be the team to break the streak, but they owe NE for a few Play-off losses that would have been big if we had won.
Also, it should come close to locking the bet I have w/KD on the Steelers vs. Seahawks.
BTW Selby. apparantly ya never were too close to, or in the "Dog Pound" huh? Your guys can hold their own when it comes to talkin' Smack (crap). Both players and fans. LOL!
My Uncle sits in the Dawg
Pound for every game in Cleveland. I'm not too sure I would consider the fans in the Pound to "talk smack" or getting overconfident...I think they are more diehard than anything. But of course I'll defend the Browns and always try and point out the Steelers mistakes and loses and go against them...its just natural lol.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
selby92 said:
FFighter_21 said:
My Uncle sits in the Dawg
Pound for every game in Cleveland. I'm not too sure I would consider the fans in the Pound to "talk smack" or getting overconfident...I think they are more diehard than anything. But of course I'll defend the Browns and always try and point out the Steelers mistakes and loses and go against them...its just natural lol.
My old boss was a "Dawg Pound" member, and perrenial season ticket holder, and he loved to talk smack. We had a staff meeting every Monday, and we all had to bow to an auto'd card of Bernie Kosar he had on his desk as we entered. It really pissed him off when I would wear my Steeler gear. LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts