Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this and was really happy for her. She's gonna make it, I can just feel it! :educated:
Crocker set to return, run two 2008 truck series races
SCENEDAILY - 2:21PM ET SUNDAY JANUARY 13, 2008 - BY BOB POCKRASS - ASSOCIATE EDITOR
Print This Article RSS Feed

TODD WARSHAW / GETTY IMAGESDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Erin Crocker will drive the first two NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series events in 2008 for Morgan-Dollar Motorsports.

The 26-year-old driver, who was 25th in points in 2006, did not compete in any NASCAR national series in 2007 while running a 12-race ARCA schedule.

"There's a possibility of running a partial schedule and there's a possibility of running a full schedule," Crocker said Saturday during a break in testing at Daytona International Speedway. "We'll see how things play out in the next few weeks.

"We can confirm that we're running the first two races. It will be sponsored."

Last year, Kelly Sutton was the only female driver to compete, and she drove in four races. Crocker joins a team that ran as part of a deal with Ginn Racing last year and finished 25th in owners points.

"They're excited about the possibility and thinking that maybe together having a solid team and having a female driver with a little bit of a resume that maybe we could together come up with something," Crocker said. "I like the guys I'm working with here and [I'm] excited to be back in the truck garage."

The heralded Sprint-car driver signed with Evernham Motorsports in 2005 and has run a mix of ARCA, Busch (now Nationwide), and truck events. She won ARCA's superspeedway award last season.

"I feel like confidence is something [I gained] - there was no pressure [on me], no sponsor pressure, no major team pressure," Crocker said about her 2007 season that followed the tough rookie year in 2006. "It was like going to the race track [just] to race, like it was when you were racing on Saturday nights."

Crocker said she is not looking at this opportunity as a two-race tryout that will make-or-break her NASCAR career.

"This sport has pressure on you no matter what," she said. "I'm just excited about the chance to drive again. I feel like since 2006 I've gained a lot of confidence as a driver and had a really good ARCA year last year without pressure on me.

"I've learned a lot about the sport. I've learned a lot about how things work. I'm just excited to have a chance to run a few races and there's a very good possibility I run a lot more than just these first two."

Crocker said she considered going back to her roots in Sprint cars but didn't want to give up on the NASCAR dream.

"I thought about it, and I had a few possible opportunities, but that's not really what I want to do," Crocker said. "I love Sprint cars. I will always love them. I will go watch them until the day I die.

"It's not the career path I want. The World of Outlaws is an amazing series. But they live on the road and they race 102 races. As much as this schedule is grueling, it's a whole different lifestyle. It would almost in some ways like I'd be giving up on this, and I'm not ready to give up on stock-car racing. I feel like I still have a lot to prove and a lot that I can prove."

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
She needs to get a ride for the complete season, GO FOR IT ERIN!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts