Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I came across auctions on Nascar.com. I don't know how long they've been there, but it was the first time that I had noticed them.
Has anyone bought anything from the auction site?
If so any feedback on it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about visit the site below:
http://auctions.nascar.com/

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
That's actually a gomotorbids.com auction. Glad you posted that. Some really good deals there if anyone is looking for older items to pick up!! Looks like NASCAR.com is clearing out their old inventory.

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know if gomotorbids.com is affliated with MA? The reason I ask is that I noticed that on RCCA's website they don't have any cars other than this years listed now. I was hoping that they would have a chase for the cup sale like they did last year so that I could pick up a couple older Harvick cars that I need and then a month or so ago all of a sudden the older cars were gone. I called RCCA and the operator said that if it wasn't listed on the website than they were sold out. That seemed a little fishey to me. How do you go from one day having probably hundreds of older cars being listed then to the next day not having any at all? I know that there wasn't a sudden big demand for all of those cars. I was expecting to see them pop up somewhere. I don't know if gomotorbids.com is affliated with MA or maybe MA just liquidated all their older inventory to them because they didn't want to deal with it anymore.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Gomotorbids has NOTHING to do with MA...they buy and auction off/sell diecasts. I know the company very well and deal with their owners on a good basis. The family that owns Gomotorbids owns half of Grandview, MO. The businesses are Gomotorbids(sports from the old days), Peterson Manufactering (parent company), Transworld and when I moved they were building a new building for another new company they just bought or created. Action/MA actually screwed them in 2004 so they closed the store down. Costs kept going up on cars and sales kept declining, yet of course Action didn't give a rats off. They used to do a huge Christmas sale thing and Action told them they could no longer sell cars under what they were told to sell them for....Mainly $45 being the cheapest for a car that was 4 years old.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have purchased several items from both auction sites and have been very pleased with the overall experience. You can get some excellent deals. Just don't get caught up in any bidding wars...there's usually no sense in it because both sites seem to always have multiple quantities for any one item that they auction off over several weeks/months.

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaceFan1962 said:
I have purchased several items from both auction sites and have been very pleased with the overall experience. You can get some excellent deals. Just don't get caught up in any bidding wars...there's usually no sense in it because both sites seem to always have multiple quantities for any one item that they auction off over several weeks/months.
You guys were right. I won an auction on Sunday night and got my car today. I got it for less than half of what it was selling on RCCA's site for a couple months ago. I recommend checking it out. Most of their diecast auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I can still get those from a local dealer pretty cheap-- what is hard to find are the Jr. cars that were released in the Bud can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I noticed it awhile back myself it looks like Gomotorbids.com partnered up with nascar.com to sell together (take on ebay). I have yet to bid on an auction from them b/c I don't think they accept paypal. Somebody correct me on that if I am incorrect.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
No, as of now they do not take Pay-Pal. They used to take money orders, but they don't do that anymore. It is all creditcards now, but they said Pay-Pal would be comming soon.
I used to shop there alot, but since they partnered up w/all of the race teams, the traffic is huge there now, so the deals are harder to come by than they used to be. They can still be found, but the traffic is more knowledgeble so the nice stuff is more expensive now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
diecastjunkie17 said:
ya they take paypal nascar auction use to be cheap now there as high has ebay since the word got out
Both auction sites certainly receive a lot more attention now but you can still find some great deals, it’s just a little harder than it was a year ago. For example, knowing that both sites have a tendency to offer up multiple listings of the same items I passed on several auctions for the 1/24 Dave Blaney #22 CAT GET 2006 Dodge Charger Team Caliber Owners Series car. I finally jumped in on one of the listings and to my surprise I won the thing for $13. It was brand new and never opened from what I could tell by the shrink wrap around the box and the contents still unopened in their plastic baggies. I don’t know what this item goes for on eBay, but I can’t imagine a much better deal.

Also, I’ve been watching for the Action 1/24 Richard Petty #43 STP/1975 Winston Cup Champion 1975 Dodge Charger car on eBay for the past year and I rarely saw one go for under $100. Well again to my surprise one shows up on the NASCAR auction site and I wound up winning that one for $44. It wasn’t brand new in a shrink wrapped box but it was definitely worth the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts