Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
thing I've noticed with this guy..his stuff is as innaccurate as hell..decals are wrong...but it's a nice piece...shame he 'wasted' resources on a car that isn't properly decaled.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have arrangements to get one at a later date through other sources that will be more accurate.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
as I said, it's a shame, paint etc is well done, just used hack decals...sponsors are wrong, makes about as much sense as galaxy finish...yeah...that.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
YEAH...the deck/tv panel are different as well...I have an entire file folder of the images, just an unfinished sheet I may never complete.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
@NEW2 and @kspool, check these images on Jayski. Looks like this car replicates the announcement car, not the actual race car. Lay off the guy a bit. Gracious......

Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - 2011 #98 Sprint Cup Paint Schemes
whatever dude...I complimented his work, it's a shame he used decals that aren't 'raced' accurate...funny, guys here can bitch all they want when Lionel gets it wrong...but how dare I point out the same thing...good luck with your investing...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whatever dude...I complimented his work, it's a shame he used decals that aren't 'raced' accurate...funny, guys here can bitch all they want when Lionel gets it wrong...but how dare I point out the same thing...good luck with your investing...
When Lionel makes mistakes it ultimately isn't really their fault. That falls on the teams. This custom IS accurate though. Just not to how it actually looked on the track but instead how it was announced. To say the decals were a hack is just wrong though. I'd be more than happy to say I was wrong in saying it was the actual debut car though. That guys work is solid though.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
When Lionel makes mistakes it ultimately isn't really their fault. That falls on the teams. This custom IS accurate though. Just not to how it actually looked on the track but instead how it was announced. To say the decals were a hack is just wrong though. I'd be more than happy to say I was wrong in saying it was the actual debut car though. That guys work is solid though.
well to my point...there are indeed plenty of 'hacks' who jump the gun and put out whatever they can as quickly as they can to make a buck...Lionel does have their hands tied to some degree as they do the same trying to get stuff on the trailers for that impulse purchase...by this point, the images of the RR car are readily available...it's a matter of doing your homework. And I know of one decal dealer in particular who makes a living off getting it out regardless of accuracy. I guess it's oneof the things I pride my work on, getting it done right. I've made some botches, one of the worst was the Brandt car, I went all out creating brandt.coM on the rear TV panel...when Justin saw it he laughed and I owned up right away realizing it's .CO...a new web direct. It does happen...but I know as much as many people value their toys...getting it right this late in the game should be a premium...that's my only point.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well to my point...there are indeed plenty of 'hacks' who jump the gun and put out whatever they can as quickly as they can to make a buck...Lionel does have their hands tied to some degree as they do the same trying to get stuff on the trailers for that impulse purchase...by this point, the images of the RR car are readily available...it's a matter of doing your homework. And I know of one decal dealer in particular who makes a living off getting it out regardless of accuracy. I guess it's oneof the things I pride my work on, getting it done right. I've made some botches, one of the worst was the Brandt car, I went all out creating brandt.coM on the rear TV panel...when Justin saw it he laughed and I owned up right away realizing it's .CO...a new web direct. It does happen...but I know as much as many people value their toys...getting it right this late in the game should be a premium...that's my only point.
There many images of both RR cars. Lol. This is right but not to the actual raced one. Decal dealers I'm sure can be a pain with accuracy but I personally haven't dealt with that. I just deal with the finished product. Explains why you personally make your own decals though. To each their own though. This has become a pointless argument over two different aspects on the hobby. The whole toys versus collectibles debate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts