1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
this is BS. whay are they calling it already?!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollseyes:

·
Registered
335 Posts
folks, i live 50 miles south of dover. the weather sucks with the wind and rain, and it's headed north. this is at 2:55. they could've called this race this morning at 6:00 a.m. from our radar (really last night.). i've watched this storm since last night. we knew it would hit, just wanted to make sure it didn't turn into a real pain. anyway, could'ver saved alot of people alot of trouble and called it alot sooner. the baseball team here had enough sense to call the game this morning, with a warning email sent out to fans last night to plan on a postponement for the baseball game. they saw what was coming.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Hopefully they can get it in tomorrow without any rain delays.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Dang!! :rollseyes: The boys and I should have stayed fishing!! We rushed home so we could catch the race! Check Josh's big one that DIDN'T get away! He had one break his line that was alot bigger! Line broke right at the boat! Still not a bad fish for a twelve year old! Oh well Guess well fry them up and watch the Race tommorrow!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you got some good eating there Larkin. Congrats on the fish.

·
Registered
335 Posts
7:50 P.m. folks. still raining here. still raining up in dover with winds gusting to 30 miles an hour.

nascar should've called this early this morning. people could've gone about their business. storms don't move out fast around here when they run up the coast.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
90 miles north & just got back from the Dover area & it rained all the way! Had a free ticket to go but can't go on Monday cause of my kids school.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
DP36 said:
Looks like you got some good eating there Larkin. Congrats on the fish.
Made for a pretty good supper! We ended up with twelve in total. Enough for a good supper and still put some in the freezer for another day! Now if the rain will move out up there maybe I will get to watch the race tommorrow!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
See that not too many of you are getting to watch today. I wpuld like to say they just announced that Bill France Jr. passed away this afternoon! May he rest in peace. He brought Nascar up to the status that we all as fans grew to love. He will be missed by many!!! :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats was some sad news to hear Larkin. Sounded like Mike Joy got a little choked up when he annouced that.

Kurt Busch pulled a bone headed move there as well. Got him ejected from the race. First I have seen that happen. Nascar said park and go to the Oval Office. I guess we will see what happens with him tomorrow when they hand out the penalties.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.