Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jimmie Johnson was allowed to drive around the track under caution while smoke and leaked out of his racecar. I'm not hating on the 48 team, but I honestly believe he should of been black flagged. Any other opinions?

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I hate Jimmie but he was out of the line on the apron. He was good.,

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Jimmie Johnson was allowed to drive around the track under caution while smoke and leaked out of his racecar. I'm not hating on the 48 team, but I honestly believe he should of been black flagged. Any other opinions?
after overturning his penalty...there isn't much Nascar won't hand the 48...they made that pretty clear...it's too bad too. A handful of other drivers you can bet the decision to black flag them would have happened instantly. And you can tell me all you want how that's just how they call it...no way.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
NASCAR's new golden boy.

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
It was raining so maybe they thought it wasn't a big deal. No one really did ,ake a comment that they had oil on their car, several drivers were talking about him smoking.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
NASCAR is so fair, they call'em like they see them. Just have to love how Chad & Jimmie get some lucky breaks.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
In my personal opinion which i know doesn't really mean crap but this is all starting to become a big joke. I'm sorry but if you are under caution for crash,debris, rain, or whatever the case may be and your car is smoking and leaking oil you should be black flagged. As was stated in an earlier post if it were anyone else that black flag wouldn't have been out fast enough. I don't understand with the whole Daytona issue how Hendrick was allowed to turn to a "Life Long Friend" as a last resort which was stated in a release on nascar.com, everyone knew as soon as that happened the decision would be overturned. I think it's crap but as i said this is all my personal opinion.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
I use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and I cant stand the guy.My driver owns his car.

My wife use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and she doesnt care for Jimmie either.My wife recognizes that Jimmie is bad for the sport and that his continual winning turns the fans off.She even said Nascar has to have some excitement and do more to make Nascar more fan friendly again.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
You know I really love how when someone makes a comment on Dale Jr, or Kyle Busch everyone jumps all over them, but JJ seems to be fair game for some reason? I like the fairness in this all

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Everyone has their favorites and they also have the guys they dislike such as the same in almost all sports. The issue is is that NASCAR is making it rather easy to bash Jimmie,Chad, and well almost the entire crew lately. They have been caught cheating how many times? and all that happened was a 100,000 dollar fine? that is like pocket change to that organization. I understand their needs to be a "face of the sport" but come on how many times can they get a way with everything they are doing? As everyone well knows i am a huge Clint Bowyer fan lets look back to the 2010 Chase where they deemed his car to be out of spec. by and i quote "the thickness of a quarter" which was post race after being pushed into victory lane by a wreaker. That cost Bowyer any shot a championship and that had no barring on the race at all as it was not a super speedway or anything where down force and all that stuff is a big factor. I don't know as i stated this is all just my opinion but you watch this year you'll see that 48 at the top of the standings come the end of the year with the help of NASCAR. I see this at my local home town dirt tracks they find their favorites and they can do no wrong and end up with the championship by seasons end. I would expect a lot more out of a professional series like NASCAR but it's really no different.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Sounds to me like some people need a box of tissues. If it was Marcos Ambrose's car that this happened to, no one would even be complaining.

Wahhhhhh....Jimmie should've been black flagged. Wahhhhh....Jimmie got his points back from Daytona.

BOTTOM LINE: Jimmie's domination isn't good for the sport to most fans, so why in the hell would NASCAR 'help' them? Get over it. He's just better than your driver.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Everyone has their favorites and they also have the guys they dislike such as the same in almost all sports. The issue is is that NASCAR is making it rather easy to bash Jimmie,Chad, and well almost the entire crew lately. They have been caught cheating how many times? and all that happened was a 100,000 dollar fine? that is like pocket change to that organization. I understand their needs to be a "face of the sport" but come on how many times can they get a way with everything they are doing? As everyone well knows i am a huge Clint Bowyer fan lets look back to the 2010 Chase where they deemed his car to be out of spec. by and i quote "the thickness of a quarter" which was post race after being pushed into victory lane by a wreaker. That cost Bowyer any shot a championship and that had no barring on the race at all as it was not a super speedway or anything where down force and all that stuff is a big factor. I don't know as i stated this is all just my opinion but you watch this year you'll see that 48 at the top of the standings come the end of the year with the help of NASCAR. I see this at my local home town dirt tracks they find their favorites and they can do no wrong and end up with the championship by seasons end. I would expect a lot more out of a professional series like NASCAR but it's really no different.
I realize that everyone has their favorites and their least favorites as do I. I for one don't like the Busch brothers, but do you see me coming in here and tearing them up? Do I come in here and say "F" Kyle or Kurt, etc, or make derogatory comments of any kind?

I try to be respectful to every person on this board by not bashing their driver. I don't like the Busch brothers because of their personalities but I respect their driving abilities.

There's a way to be respectful about things and still get your point across (and no I'm not singling you out Gary).

I'm just tired of the contest hatred and berating that JJ seems to get on a weekly bases.

If JJ's car from Daytona had gone through the actual inspection process and failed, even as a big of a JJ fan as I am, I'd be just as upset as any one else on this board. However that didn't happen. People need to stop dwelling on the past

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
[MENTION=2761]Gary33[/MENTION] realistically the #15 failed an actual inspection at Daytona and was only penalized to the rear of the duel. Where was their monetary fine or points? The #48 was pulled from tech line and accused without proof. Had John Darby allowed the car to hit the tech line and it failed, would have been a totally different outcome.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
[MENTION=1840]Dubbs[/MENTION] i understand what you're saying and i'm not trying to bash anyone's driver but i mean honestly i have had multiple Jimmie Johnson fans who have shared the same views as i do on this. I am by no means trying to bash Jimmie as a driver as the guy has talent as you said the Busch brothers i personally think they are both asses myself but Kyle can drive the wheels off anything you put the guy in and his talent is unbelievable at times but his personality ruins and overshadows his talent in the sport. But i'm done on this topic as i'm not trying to get people fired up i just wanted to voice my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
I use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and I cant stand the guy.My driver owns his car.

My wife use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and she doesnt care for Jimmie either.My wife recognizes that Jimmie is bad for the sport and that his continual winning turns the fans off.She even said Nascar has to have some excitement and do more to make Nascar more fan friendly again.
So I now know why the stands are half empty or half full so either way it's Jimmie's fault. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I will say that the difference is that Jimmie Johnson's crew chief has been caught cheating a hell of a lot more than anyone else's. (Not discounting the comment he made last year about Jimmie wrecking the car if he won to avoid the post-race inspection.)

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
I realize that everyone has their favorites and their least favorites as do I. I for one don't like the Busch brothers, but do you see me coming in here and tearing them up? Do I come in here and say "F" Kyle or Kurt, etc, or make derogatory comments of any kind?

I try to be respectful to every person on this board by not bashing their driver. I don't like the Busch brothers because of their personalities but I respect their driving abilities.

There's a way to be respectful about things and still get your point across (and no I'm not singling you out Gary).

I'm just tired of the contest hatred and berating that JJ seems to get on a weekly bases.

If JJ's car from Daytona had gone through the actual inspection process and failed, even as a big of a JJ fan as I am, I'd be just as upset as any one else on this board. However that didn't happen. People need to stop dwelling on the past
Jason that is why the penalty was overturned was because the car had not gone through inspection.

Members points are as well as mine and my wifes:We use to be a fan of Jimmie we are no longer.5 consecutive championships is bad for the sport.
Not only has the economy hurt,Nascar decisions,but the majority is 5 consecutive championships is the majority of the reason why people wont attend a race.

I see many race fans every year from all walks of life and all income levels.Nascar fans are very opinionated.I have asked repeatedly at every track I have sold at for the last two years repeatedly why arent you collecting like you use to?Why arent you attending races local and Nascar?

Answer is Economy and disdain for Nascar decisions and 5 consecutive championships so why should spend my hard earned money when I can watch for free.

When your local tracks cant get %50 of the crowd they use to get before the conomy went in the tank that is a problem for the promoters,sponsors,racers,fans.Rain date insurance,other insurances promoters can buy are very expensive and only go so far.

If you dont believe what I speak of go and ask the apparel trailers and the independent 53 foot trailers.I have heard extremely scary stories coming from some of them already.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
Would have been interesting to see if it had been Juan Pablo or another driver and to see how fast they would have black flagged them or not?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts