Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Auto Club 400: Jimmie Johnson black flag?

2K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  Dale3DaleJr88 
I use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and I cant stand the guy.My driver owns his car.

My wife use to be a Jimmie Johnson fan and she doesnt care for Jimmie either.My wife recognizes that Jimmie is bad for the sport and that his continual winning turns the fans off.She even said Nascar has to have some excitement and do more to make Nascar more fan friendly again.

I realize that everyone has their favorites and their least favorites as do I. I for one don't like the Busch brothers, but do you see me coming in here and tearing them up? Do I come in here and say "F" Kyle or Kurt, etc, or make derogatory comments of any kind?

I try to be respectful to every person on this board by not bashing their driver. I don't like the Busch brothers because of their personalities but I respect their driving abilities.

There's a way to be respectful about things and still get your point across (and no I'm not singling you out Gary).

I'm just tired of the contest hatred and berating that JJ seems to get on a weekly bases.

If JJ's car from Daytona had gone through the actual inspection process and failed, even as a big of a JJ fan as I am, I'd be just as upset as any one else on this board. However that didn't happen. People need to stop dwelling on the past
Jason that is why the penalty was overturned was because the car had not gone through inspection.

Members points are as well as mine and my wifes:We use to be a fan of Jimmie we are no longer.5 consecutive championships is bad for the sport.
Not only has the economy hurt,Nascar decisions,but the majority is 5 consecutive championships is the majority of the reason why people wont attend a race.

I see many race fans every year from all walks of life and all income levels.Nascar fans are very opinionated.I have asked repeatedly at every track I have sold at for the last two years repeatedly why arent you collecting like you use to?Why arent you attending races local and Nascar?

Answer is Economy and disdain for Nascar decisions and 5 consecutive championships so why should spend my hard earned money when I can watch for free.

When your local tracks cant get %50 of the crowd they use to get before the conomy went in the tank that is a problem for the promoters,sponsors,racers,fans.Rain date insurance,other insurances promoters can buy are very expensive and only go so far.

If you dont believe what I speak of go and ask the apparel trailers and the independent 53 foot trailers.I have heard extremely scary stories coming from some of them already.

[MENTION=1840]Dubbs[/MENTION] As a lot of fans have said anybody but the 48!A response to your comment about Stewart winning 7 out of the last 14 maybe they found out the same thing the 48 had found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.