Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mailed this car to Evernham Motorsports on July 24 and received it signed today. This makes up (a bit) for the other COMPLETELY DESTROYED car I got from ebay.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Autograph success

A 2000 RC Authentics #22 Ward Burton Cat Dealers car. The idiot seller didn't package it worth anything. The hood broke off, the paint's chipped everywhere, the whole thing looks dirty. It's complete junk.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Nice auto! If you don't mind me asking, how did you send the car? I've sent postcards before, but never diecast. I have some cheaper diecast and I have thought about doing it. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well, I got two boxes. One slightly bigger than the other (obviously). I packed the inner box safely inside the outer box and then packed the inner box with padding and bubble wrapped the diecast (NO BOX! Just the car). I then self-addressed the inner box and addressed the outer box.

I took it to the post office (unsealed) and got how much it would be in stamps and stamped the inner box and sealed the outer box (don't seal the inner box, leave it open). Then I got the postage on the outer box and mailed it away.

Took about 2 months to get it back from Kahne. I'm still waiting on one for Martin Truex Jr. (mailed at the same time).

This is the first diecast (along with the Truex) that I've ever mailed out to get signed. Cost about $13 each. Not too bad if you're not close enough to get them signed yourself.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

PART TWO

I got this one back today. I mailed it a day or two after the Kahne. Not a bad turn-around time.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I like it. I don't have any signed Martin stuff. Very cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts