Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rockin' & Racin'
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
It has been a good while since I have been active on any sites. Allot has gone on over the past few years and to be honest I'm pretty surprised I'm still kickin'. I have been fighting cancer since 2006 and that nasty crap has returned 3 times since. Underwent several surgeries, treatments, CT scans, MRIs, and X~Rays and countless pills and meds. Once again I am suppose to be cancer free. I guess we'll see. During this "NIGHTMARE from the TWILIGHT ZONE" I lost my dream home, marriage, business I spent 40 years building and doing well, and many other personal sentimental valued items from my guitar collection and an 82 Mustang I built to race. My mother passed away in late 2018 leaving me with a 2 year war with attorneys, probate courts, insurance companies and anyone else to jump on the war wagon. To top it all off, I lost a web site I had spent years building up with many pics and ways of enjoying the beloved hobby, called Diecast Fun. My computer also crashed hard and I lost much information and links to sites I was active on.
During my recovery The Diecast Society featured me on their site with much information about me and my collection. Here's the link if anyone would like to read and review:

Steve Mason - June 2019 • DiecastSociety.com

One of my first steps was to build a 24' X 16' toy room onto the garage of my now smaller home to house and display my collection. Anyway, I'm back and have allot of catching up to do.

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
Welcome back Steve !!!! Glad to hear you are cancer free but sorry to hear all you had to go through to get there.

·
Rockin' & Racin'
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back Steve !!!! Glad to hear you are cancer free but sorry to hear all you had to go through to get there.
Thank you very much. I guess the name of the game is to play the cards you're dealt and do the best you can with it.
As I have said many times, this wonderful hobby and the many, many fellow collector friends whom I have never met face to face, such as friends like yourself, all together this hobby and fellow collector friends have helped a great deal pull me through some seriously dark, depressing, scary, confusing, angry, and "PAINFUL" times. I really do mean that.
Thanks so much once again...
:)

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Welcome back....cancer sucks. I have a couple people close to me who are fighting it as we speak. Great pictures in your link above. This is the goal to have: "As far as a goal, really don’t have one at this time, except to enjoy my little cars as long as possible". Nice work on those dioramas....really nice.

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
Welcome back!! That is fantastic you are cancer free 👏 Incredible toy room addition. I hope you enjoy the site again.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Land vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts