Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Back from the Dead
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like collecting diecast is over for a bit. I'm in good enough position not to sell anything, but my focus won't be in my hobby for a while. For those of us with families and houses know and understand through life, when priorities are set in place, collecting comes last.

If you guys remember, I made this post back in Sept about buying our 1st house.

http://diecastcrazy.com/community/collector-chat/222076-just-bought-1st-house.html

Well it was setup on a nice Rent to own option. You rent it for 24 months, and everything in that 24 months becomes your major down payment on the house, and rent becomes your mortgage payment at a cheaper rate.

Well I found out this week that the guy who had us locked in the rent to own option, wasn't making the payments to the bank on our house, or 3 other houses including his own. So now the home we are renting and planning to buy has went into bankruptcy. The house was turned over to a Trustee, who then has brought in a Realtor to see the house. She put a sign out in the yard today and a lock box on the door. I don't have one thing packed, and now Wife, Son, and myself havent even begun looking for a new place yet. I mean, I know the market's still down and it might not be hard, but this isnt what we asked for or signed up for.

They are giving us 60 days from Monday, but it's still not a fun chapter in our lives that we are about to endure.

I enjoy alot of my friends here from [MENTION=103]moparbob[/MENTION], [MENTION=13]Ron3fan[/MENTION], [MENTION=2596]dgrove[/MENTION], [MENTION=2963]DEJRFAN65[/MENTION], [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] and the rest of you that I get to take a break of crazy life and enjoy some nascar talk. So i'll try and check in when I can but I'll probably be absent most of the time.

[MENTION=13]Ron3fan[/MENTION], [MENTION=2351]gwcdiecast[/MENTION] I personally want to apologize to you guys because I was in the middle of deals with you guys holding cars for me. As of now I probably won't be able to pick them up. My apologies and I hope you are still able to get the cars sold.

But as much as this sucks, I've still got a incredibly beautiful wife and a son that has changed my life forever, and even though its not bright right now, I know we still have a bright future ahead.

Besides, it looks like we got pack racing back at Daytona, so it could be much worse lol.

Just want to update my situation. Thanks

Joey

·
0 Posts
[MENTION=861]Sneekycastro88[/MENTION]

You have your priorities right, my friend. I am really sorry to hear about all this, and hope only for the best. When things level out, let us all know. In the meantime, do what you know is best for the fam. God bless ya, bro.

·
Super Moderator
8,751 Posts
sorry to hear dude. no problem on our deal. life comes first.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
[MENTION=861]Sneekycastro88[/MENTION] Joey you have to do what is best for your family.I am sure you will come out ahead in the end.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Very sorry to hear, I hope that you're able to find a place quickly and that karma catches up with the guy who stiffed you

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Sorry to hear that man best of luck to you and your family!

·
yes i am crazy and i can prove it
6,970 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about the house buddy.
Im sure you will find something even beter.
prayers go out.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Wow, that is a major blow. I'm sorry to hear that go down, but something better will come along! Good luck.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,577 Posts
Sorry to hear about the house, Joey. Family does come first, so I know you are already on the right path. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Take care.

·
DCZ Members are the BEST!
1,434 Posts
Man, I am sorry. But you ARE doing the right thing and FAMILY IS PRIORITY!!! Everything will work out. Just stay positive. This hobby ain't going anywhere. Trust me, I know. We'll all be here for you, and be waiting when you're ready to start collecting again. Best wishes, and if I can help out in any way, just holler bud.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
oh im sorry to hear this you guys are in my prayers

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, that truely sucks. You may have a civil case against your landlord if you choose to go that route. In the meantime keep your head up! Things will work out for ya. Lots of houses and apartments out there.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Do you have any legal recourse based on your agreement? Or is that rent that you have been paying the whole time you've been living there just lost? 60 days really isn't a lot of time to find a place to live. I just wonder if there is any way you could either negotiate with the bank that is foreclosing on the property to buy the place. The market is horrible right now so you might be able to get it for a steal and not even have to move. It might be the easiest thing for everyone. I know that's probably a longshot, but it might be something to look into.

·
Black #3 Fan
2,885 Posts
[MENTION=861]Sneekycastro88[/MENTION]...Joey believe or not a similar thing happen to us back in 2007 where we had to be out of the house we were renting in 3 weeks cause the guy we were renting from decided to sell the house. Hang in there brother, things have a way of working themselves out, just stay positive and focus on your family. Good luck my friend

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
[MENTION=861]Sneekycastro88[/MENTION] I will be praying for you and your family, every thing will work out. This was not apparently where you guys were supposed to be, remember no matter how bad it gets, everything happens for a reason.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
i will be thinking about you and your family my friend. Best of luck in handling this situation. Please keep us informed...

by the way that is some rotten....nonsense for you and your family to go through

1 - 20 of 24 Posts