Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a real difference if I have a car that is a "bank"? I got a action car today and noticed that it had a back in the rear. Are there some without the bank and does this drive the price of the car down. Thanks in advance Earle

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Most collectors I know don't like banks, but I don't mind them. I think most of the banks are low production, but for some reason they don't seem to be worth as much or sell for as much as the regulars.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
To me the banks were a waste of time unless you actually use them. I only own a couple of them. I prefer having the "real" versions and ones with a hole in the window. They do carry low production numbers as selby stated, but some of the older ones called "black window banks or bwb's" had the lowest numbers I have seen compared to "clear window banks or cwb's".

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i think i like the non-bank cars also, regardless of production numbers. In the end you have to find someone willing to buy the car anyway and most people would probably want an opening trunk. Even though i'm new to nascar i've never seen the trunk open yet.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
I always liked the black window banks because they made the cars look sharper to me. I know you can't see inside, but I was more interested with the paint scheme to begin with, so it didn't matter.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I don't mind the cwc banks. Really you can't tell much difference. One thing I like about them is that some can be picked up for cheaper than standard release cars and some of them the value climbs on. If that is the only way that it is available I really jump on those due to the fact that those are usually some of the rarest diecast produced.

·
Super Moderator
8,751 Posts
i pretty much collected what ever RCCA put out. all be it a BWB, CWC or CWB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts