Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We listened to your feedback and we will work to get a new banner setup. However, we need some input on what models you would like to see with the banner.
  • You can submit your high res images here and creative will review them to see what will work with the layout.
  • Note that the images must be your own work and non-copyrighted.
  • By submitting your photos you agree to have diecastcrazy.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

- Cricket

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,726 Posts
There are hundreds of pictures to choose from that members have posted here, pick and choose from that. If you can have rotating pictures each time a page loads, that would show what is being talked about here.

Reactions: MOPARBOB

·
MoPaROrNoCaR
29,956 Posts
Hello all,

We listened to your feedback and we will work to get a new banner setup. However, we need some input on what models you would like to see with the banner.
  • You can submit your high res images here and creative will review them to see what will work with the layout.
  • By submitting your photos you agree to have diecastcrazy.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

- Cricket
Feel free to use my art below.
20210211_015234.jpg

·
8,726 Posts
@MOPARBOB Nice artwork on post #6. I tried to like it, but the button doesn't seem to work.

·
MoPaROrNoCaR
29,956 Posts
@MOPARBOB Nice artwork on post #6. I tried to like it, but the button doesn't seem to work.
I know it is hard to tell if Likes go through or not. The little thumb up icon doesn't change color much. They should have made it turn bright red after Liking, not black since the icon is almost black to begin with. The word YOU with a maroon red thumbs up will appear if a Like is successful right above the word Reply to the left.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
And the funny thing is that I just unliked a bunch of pictures in the gallery because I thought if it showed with the thumb it was liked... but its the opposite. :rolleyes: Sorry if I unliked a bunch of pictures I forgot I already liked! That's a lot of likes.

This might need separate thread, is there way to like pictures when they are in the grouped screen like before. Seems only other way is to open each picture separately to like and then it takes you to that individuals album.

·
8,726 Posts
I know it is hard to tell if Likes go through or not. The little thumb up icon doesn't change color much. They should have made it turn bright red after Liking, not black since the icon is almost black to begin with. The word YOU with a maroon red thumbs up will appear if a Like is successful right above the word Reply to the left.
Yeah, I hit the like button once, then there was the three bars pulsating on the top right, I waited for the "you" to show up, after the bars stopped pulsating, I didn't see it. I know that I only hit it once, so I figured it would show up later, but alas, no..

I totally agree that the like icon should change colour as well (to red), it would be much less confusing..

(see screenshot below, if it shows up)

Here is another issue, when copy and pasting an image, it just used to show inside the message box (as an image), but now it shows below the message box, as an "insert" for an image. This also happened on the old version after the death of flash. If I click on "thumbnail or full image" it will add the image for a second time.

Even when copy and pasting the first image has shown as up-loading and then loaded. This is really confusing. It needs to be one or the other, it cannot be both.

If I don't click the "insert as thumbnail of full image", the image that I have pasted into the message just shows as a number. I cannot recall how many digits.

Going back to a post in the e-bay section, I just pasted the screen shot. It should as uploading and the loaded, but once I posted the reply, neither the image or number showed in the message. I go back to past the picture again and nothing happens, there is a big section in the message that is blank. I save the edit then there are the digits where the image should be. I see today there is the actual screenshot that I grabbed and pasted into the message.

Really confusing..

(see screenshot below, if it shows up)

This is an issue as well when copy and pasting words in the edit, if you do copy/cut and then paste, what you have pasted will show as a blank section in the message box. This issue goes back to the old version as well.

This same issue also happens when doing an initial message/reply/create, if it takes any length of time to construct ones message/reply/create. More blank space..

Sorry to hijack this topic.

·
8,726 Posts
In post #14 I did not "insert" and it is showing my pasted screen shots, to me anyway.

And this pop up window for smiles/whatever needs to be the width of the message box, minimum, so one doesn't have to scroll for miles to find a smile/whatever.

That is an annoyingly amount of time wasted.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you upload an image to your post, it automatically gets added to the post unless you make changes. (I just copy/paste.)

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello all,

- Cricket
Please keep this thread on topic.

·
8,726 Posts
When you upload an image to your post, it automatically gets added to the post unless you make changes. (I just copy/paste.)

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

Not at all what I asked. Uploading pictures to a post is easy enough.

What I asked was about copy and pasting images to a post, like a screen shot of a webpage. As I said before:

"Here is another issue, when copy and pasting an image, it just used to show inside the message box (as an image), but now it shows below the message box, as an "insert" for an image. This also happened on the old version after the death of flash. If I click on "thumbnail or full image" it will add the image for a second time.

Even when copy and pasting the first image has shown as up-loading and then loaded. This is really confusing. It needs to be one or the other, it cannot be both.

If I don't click the "insert as thumbnail of full image", the image that I have pasted into the message just shows as a number. I cannot recall how many digits.

Going back to a post in the e-bay section, I just pasted the screen shot. It should as uploading and the loaded, but once I posted the reply, neither the image or number showed in the message. I go back to past the picture again and nothing happens, there is a big section in the message that is blank. I save the edit then there are the digits where the image should be. I see today there is the actual screenshot that I grabbed and pasted into the message."

You can see the screenshot images in post #14

·
8,726 Posts
Please keep this thread on topic.

If you spent any time here, you would know that threads rarely stay on topic, but thanks for letting me know about it, it's very much appreciated.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thread is specifically for Banner Image Suggestions.

If you have questions or comments regarding the new forum software, please post in our Community Feedback thread.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.