• JEFF BURTON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SCOTT WIMMER

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It's hard to pick just one, when IMO it's really close between Harvick and Burton.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'm with you Ken, hard to pick the better driver between Harvick and Burton even with me being a Huge Harvick fan. Then comes Wimmer and Bowyer. Neither of those two would I consider championship contenders at this point but both could be in the runnings if they were given full schedule runs with one team to work with. I wouldn't count out Richard Childress putting that together for Clint Bowyer like he did for Harvick last year if Clint continues following the path he has taken this year. I look for Clint to actually be one of the challangers at the end of the season for the Nextel/sprint Cup chase.........behind Harvick of course!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Wimmer has run well in his Busch races for RCR this year. Very consistant, which wins the race when you are going for a Championship. If he put him in the car fulltime next year, he could win the "Nationwide Series" Championship. I really believe that.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stats clearly show Kevin's the better driver even with driving his own machinery this year hes still well above the other 4 true hes ran 6 more than Burton but there were races in khi #33 /#77

but id love to see him and jeff run the whole season

clint could win the championship given another full run at it but scott (yes i know iam not wimmers greatest fan ) a top 10 maybe but not a title he proven time and time this season when he steps into ether the #21 or the #29 that team goes from a team competing for a win to just that a top 10 car

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
But IMO, that's what wins Championships. I'd take lots o' top tens, over a few wins and a few outta the top tens. It all comes down to what the other competitors do during all of that. If you really look at it, RC could put any of them in a car fulltime and have an excellent shot at Drivers and Owners Championships.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's Cold Paul. You really think he doesn't have what it takes don't you?
I'll make a bet w/ya. This is all hypothetical NOW, but if RCR puts Scott in Nationwide Series ride full time next year, I'll bet ya he finishes higher in points than any Roush FullTimer in Nationwide. You can decide what we bet. Fair enough?

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FFighter_21 said:
That's Cold Paul. You really think he doesn't have what it takes don't you?
I'll make a bet w/ya. This is all hypothetical NOW, but if RCR puts Scott in Nationwide Series ride full time next year, I'll bet ya he finishes higher in points than any Roush FullTimer in Nationwide. You can decide what we bet. Fair enough?
ive been an RCR fan since i started following nascar back in 1992 and supported the great dale sr and his successors some great like harvick and burton and some not so great like brandon miller wishing them all to take that chequered flag at the end of the race and hopefully a championship while true he has performed better in car than miller true hes had his chances in machines that both kevin and jeff have taken to victory hes failed to deliver now for 21 races is that good enough for a team like rcr thats used to fighting for race wins and championships looking at his results in the #29 (regradless of luck ) compaired to burton no

if i was a betting man i would take you up on that ken but i am not

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
All in good nature ya understand. Nothing meant by the challenge.
I just think he's a consistant driver. Not a big winner, but better than alot of guys give him credit for. I think consistant enough, if given a whole season in a good car, he could win a championship.
I believe the difference between him and them, is when they weren't driving in Busch, they were driving in Cup. When he wasn't driving in Busch, he was sitting on his hands at home. You get better w/laps.
We'll just have to see what happens. But chances are, if anybody drives full time for RCR in Nationwide, it will be Harvick or Bowyer. JMO.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all part of a fun debate

true he had some success in Busch a while back and then went in poor machines in cup of which he did nothing
this spell has been seen by many to be his best and last chance to make it big
and sure consistency whens titles but looking at the 10 races that hes missed points wise he would of had to finish 5th or better in all 10 to beat Edwards this year
i quite frankly looking at his results this just could not see that happening if he would of run them

as for 2008 wimmer will split the 35 races between the #2 and the #29 chopping and changing will not help him
so unless kevin runs the season full time its again looking like a edwards title next year

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Gotta agree with you Fighter, I personally think all the RCR guys are contenders, just look at the stats. Most, if not all are consistant

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Scott Wimmer obviously...he is the only actual Busch driver on that list.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
How many Busch wins does Scott Wimmer have? That's what I thought. In RCR equipment, there is NO reason he shouldn't have been in victory lane yet, other than the fact that he just isn't good enough.

·
5,325 Posts
Wimmer is still the best Busch driver for RCR...he is the only actual Busch driver that is in this poll, does not matter how many wins he has, no other Busch regulars for RCR have any wins either, hell, Scott is the only Busch regular for them with a top 5 I'm pretty sure. Obviously he is not better than Harvick stats wise or Burton, but the question is best Busch driver, all I see is Cup drivers on there and one Busch regular.

·
5,325 Posts
Harvick is a Buschwacker...Wimmer is a Busch regular. Harvick should win every race in Busch, for the fact he races in Cup every weekend. I'm done arguing with you guys about the same stuff, come up with something better than "Harvick has won this many Busch races and Wimmer none." Ever consider Harvick does better cause he races more than Wimmer and is in Cup?

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
selby92 said:
Harvick is a Buschwacker...Wimmer is a Busch regular. Harvick should win every race in Busch, for the fact he races in Cup every weekend. I'm done arguing with you guys about the same stuff, come up with something better than "Harvick has won this many Busch races and Wimmer none." Ever consider Harvick does better cause he races more than Wimmer and is in Cup?
harvick races more because you are right hes a better driver by far
at the end of the day trevor the so so called wacker has still ran more races than the so called regular
and lets faceit if wimmer had lit the world of busch racing this year he would of had a full time ride in the #33 in 08
not another year of hit and miss races mind you read where jeff green could head back to rcr and the #33 so wimmer could of blown his chance yet again

·
5,325 Posts
Glad to hear Scott won't get a Cup ride with RCR just yet...don't want him to move up too soon. I don't think he "blew" his chance, he is still running Busch with RCR next year and might actually get more races. Plus I didn't think Jeff Green would go to RCR after their little fight in 2003, should be interesting to see how that goes if it does happen.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts