Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it happens to all of us at some point. This time, it was my turn to get screwed. Look at the photo attached to this post. The funny thing is that this car was listed as new. Fell free to compare the Ebay listing and how it actually arrived...

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150775837215&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123]eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices[/ame]

·
DCZ Members are the BEST!
1,434 Posts
REALLY???? HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!??!?!?!?! That is so ridiculous. What's wrong with all these lousy sellers? And, it's a bummer to see that car trashed like that.... :sad:

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
That is BS. With the box in that condition, I don't see how the inside could get damaged so bad unless it was shipped that way.. Hope it turns out well with eBay.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Wow! I have seen pics of cars people received that were dirty or maybe a paint blemish, but that is the worst. Somebody turned that into a Jeff Gordon crash car.

·
DCZ Members are the BEST!
1,434 Posts
[MENTION=695]CHADALAC[/MENTION]

Was it packed good? I mean I just don't understand how that happens!!!!

[MENTION=2351]gwcdiecast[/MENTION]

I hear ya man. Time to whip out some of my ole ******* Jiu-Jitsu on someone's @$$!!!! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
That is awful......check with GWCdiecast to see if he has an extra laying around. He may have one to replace it with...

·
yes i am crazy and i can prove it
6,952 Posts
i think with a little scotch tape and some wax it will be as good as new.
may be they were hoping you wouldnt notice it came apart.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[MENTION=2201]rowdymann[/MENTION] - It was packed great. A lot of bubble wrap with it. It was shipped with 9 1/64 scale cars. They were in perfect condition, which tells me it was shipped that way from the beginning. I bought the car because the box was in GREAT condition. I figured the car would be, too, but I was wrong. I just don't get how somebody ships that and "doesn't realize" there was a problem...

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
WTF. thats the craziest thing ive ever seen from ebay. Sorry that happened to you. I hope they work with you. I wont buy anything from a seller that has no returns for that reason.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,216 Posts
There is no way the car you recieved can be the same car that is in the auction. If the car was not tied down in its original box I could see maybe a broken wheel or a popped out windshield, but a dircast car breaking up like that, that just amazes me how it could be destroyed that bad. I would go thru Ebay's buyer protection plan to get you money back on this one. I would also contact the seller and let them know what you are going to do and maybe he will make it right. I have dealt with Ebay sellers with no return and still worked it out.

·
Premium Member
10,501 Posts
WOW :surprise: I knew Racing Champions 1/24'S were cheaply made but that is INSANE!!!

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
WOW :surprise: I knew Racing Champions 1/24'S were cheaply made but that is INSANE!!!

I was going to say the same thing. I've got a few of the 1991/92 Black Box 1/24's that are in extremely delicate condition, but I've yet to see one completely break apart. I could even understand the body coming off the frame, but, this body is actually broken in half. It actually would take quit a bit of force to completely split a diecast metal body, even if it is a 19 year old RC body.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Wow! That is crazy. Either he outright lied about the car or the Post Office handled it extremely bad but I cant see it being handled that bad, unless the carrier was very mad that day and took it out on a package and unfortunately it was yours.

But seriously, file a dispute immediately. If you can work it out, thats no problem, it will be settled. But I think you can get your money back for sure. Take pics of the item and packaging.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
I am to 90% certain that the car shipped the way you received it.

Sorry to see that happen to anyone really.

What amazes me most is that the nosecone of the car "ended up" at exactly the opposite side of the box as the one in the auction, and it´s not upside down.

The box looks fine, so I wouldn´t accept this being written off as transport damage just so the seller can file a claim at the post office and gets money for a car he trashed up and then shipped.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts