Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been pretty quiet with the penalties since Daytona up until now.


# #16 declared too low after Bristol race: #16-Greg Biffle's team faces penalties after his car failed post-race inspection following a fifth-place finish. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president for competition, said the car was too low. Pemberton would not speculate on the penalty, which could include a fine and points deduction, saying inspectors wanted to go over the car completely at the R&D Center in Concord, N.C., before a ruling is made. Biffle's car, as well as the #5 of winner Kyle Busch, were taken to Concord as a part of what will be a routine process as NASCAR implements the Car of Tomorrow this season. Pemberton said Busch would have the car back in time for Martinsville. That was good news to crew chief Alan Gustafson, who plans to use the car as a backup next week.(ESPN.com)(3-25-2007)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

# Biffle will not face discipline for car height: NASCAR will not penalize Greg Biffle's #16 team, despite the fact his Ford was found to be too low in post-race inspection at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR vice president for competition Robin Pemberton said Wednesday. NASCAR has scheduled a news conference for Friday morning at Martinsville Speedway to explain their reasoning in detail. NASCAR took the #16 car back to its research and development center Sunday night after the Food City 500 and gave it a thorough inspection Monday. Officials determined that no unapproved adjustments had been made to the car, so NASCAR cleared the machine and returned it to Roush-Fenway Racing on Monday afternoon. The 2007 season began with a new, less tolerant approach toward rules violators, prompting many to suspect that Biffle and his team would receive a stiff penalty following the Bristol mishap. But NASCAR officials said the Car of Tomorrow is a work in progress, and that they anticipated the cars would lose some height during the race at Bristol. Officials ran eight cars through the height sticks during post-race inspection, and Biffle's was the only one that came back too low. Before making any permanent changes, NASCAR said it will likely make some rules adjustments in the future that benefit everyone.(ESPN.com)(3-28-2007)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,307 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Update:

# Biffle will not face discipline for car height: NASCAR will not penalize Greg Biffle's #16 team, despite the fact his Ford was found to be too low in post-race inspection at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR vice president for competition Robin Pemberton said Wednesday. NASCAR has scheduled a news conference for Friday morning at Martinsville Speedway to explain their reasoning in detail.
they figured they better pull the violation before it would look like they were showing favoritism to Jeff Gordon when they didnt penalize him for the same infraction.


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
joker_20 said:
they figured they better pull the violation before it would look like they were showing favoritism to Jeff Gorgon when they didnt penalize him for the same infraction.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Jeff Gorgon???? :rofl:
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
Anyone else catch that the gay guy from Talladega Nights was Jean Girard (JG). 1st name-- 4 letters, began with J, second name 6 letters began with G. Coincidence????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
kspool said:
Anyone else catch that the gay guy from Talladega Nights was Jean Girard (JG). 1st name-- 4 letters, began with J, second name 6 letters began with G. Coincidence????
I hear the black copters a comin'. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
kspool said:
Anyone else catch that the gay guy from Talladega Nights was Jean Girard (JG). 1st name-- 4 letters, began with J, second name 6 letters began with G. Coincidence????
But that is Jeff Gordonand he is gettingmarried AGAIN!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good Catch
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top