Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beckett Media is changing the format for its long-running series of price guide magazines.

In a post on its blog Wednesday, the company announced it was stopping production of the four monthly sport-specific magazines (Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey) which had been a hobby staple for many years.

In its place will be a magazine called "Sports Card Monthly" an individual sport publications released six times per year rather than the current monthly format.
Sports Card Monthly will be priced at $7.99 and contain "hot collector trends and new products for all sports".

The Beckett Plus, a single sport bi-monthly magazine, will continue to individually cover baseball, football, basketball and hockey. For the Plus magazines, the cover price will be $9.99 each and the company says they will contain contain larger price guides than are currently offered. Beckett has also promised more editorial content with all of the publications.

The new magazines will be approximately 200 pages in size, depending on the number of ads they contain, according to the Dallas-based publisher.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I can't believe that they do not think there is enough call to continue the NASCAR collectible guide monthly. I myself did not hold much stock in their prices, but it was nice for a collection reference guide. The hobby must be in worse shape than I realized. I found myself, that towards the end, it was better than DCD, but that was a few years ago. I'll miss it, simply as a good read, although it was a few months behind as far as new die-cast releases etc, it was interesting. Too bad. I read a magazine called Die-Cast X. It covers mostly other racing, muscle cars etc., but occaisonally it has Action pieces. They do not know much about the NASCAR die-cast market, but they do show the cars etc. It is a good read also. Just would like something devoted to NASCAR die-cast.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The final issue of Beckett Racing was produced back in the summer. Since then they have put a few pages of NASCAR listings in the back of the Baseball Monthly Magazine. They are trying to phase out the printed publications entirely and push everyone towards online pricing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts