Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my dad has pretty much vetoed Target and Wal Mart (he's vowed never to buy from those stores ever again). Today we were by my Wal Mart one so I decided to run in, and yet another NY disappointment.

Only 1 trailer, not even in the right section. Then where the cars would've been, all there was was a diagram of where the cars WOULD be! I was pretty fumed.

Then my dad nicely took me to a Toys R' Us down the road, and all they had were Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano 1:64s, and a bunch of the Air Hogs.

I hate how this area gets screwed out of ANYTHING NASCAR.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
what happened to make your dad get so mad at target & wm???
it seems like an overeaction to a bad experience

·
Banned
2,339 Posts
If you want I can buy the cars for you and you can pay me back. My WM has all the second wave and the JR National Guard car and all the haulers from round one

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah I travel enough that I'll find one sooner or later.

My dad just made the choice not to shop at "box stores", and help out smaller business' whenever he can. I still go to them for NASCAR and if they have something I absolutely need.

·
Jeff Burton CraZy
261 Posts
target kamrt and wallmart have them and well the haulers are damaged and the cars are all generics with crushed in where the car and they are 2011 not 2012 kind of a disappointment i didn't want to spend the 5 bucks so ill save for my action die cast guy i know

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Well I agree with your dads logic, but not always is that the big picture in this anymore.

I don't remember where recently I saw the new wave with Jr's camo car, Gordon's pepsi max, and Truex's Napa.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's more of just trying not to depend on those big companies for all the crap that you buy. But it's tough to explain. I'm alright with it, but I'll still go for NASCAR cars lol:wink:.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
They said to head south to find WM's with NASCAR stuff. Just don't go TOO far south. I live in Orlando, and our WM's hardly ever have anything good.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
The only place you can find Main Street now is in Disney World. Smaller buisiness are loosing money, I dont like buying from Wally World or Taget but there is no choice out here. All the 5 and dime/mom and pop places are gone with the wind.

·
MeArS cRaZy
4,045 Posts
What about in Minnesota? It's rare to find a Nascar fan, much less any Nascar stuff.

Well since my dad has pretty much vetoed Target and Wal Mart (he's vowed never to buy from those stores ever again). Today we were by my Wal Mart one so I decided to run in, and yet another NY disappointment.

Only 1 trailer, not even in the right section. Then where the cars would've been, all there was was a diagram of where the cars WOULD be! I was pretty fumed.

Then my dad nicely took me to a Toys R' Us down the road, and all they had were Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano 1:64s, and a bunch of the Air Hogs.

I hate how this area gets screwed out of ANYTHING NASCAR.

·
Lego Nascar CraZy
630 Posts
St. Louis, MO.....

All we have is a NASCAR Speedpark. And a couple dirt tracks (you have to travel down 270 to the Illinois side). But its rare. I have checked 3 of my Wal*Marts, 2 Targets, and for the heck of it my local K-Mart, NO Spin Master stuff.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
St. Louis, MO.....

All we have is a NASCAR Speedpark. And a couple dirt tracks (you have to travel down 270 to the Illinois side). But its rare. I have checked 3 of my Wal*Marts, 2 Targets, and for the heck of it my local K-Mart, NO Spin Master stuff.
That is horrible.. A disgrace

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Miami is horrible for nascar stuff local diecast shop for me is hours away walmart is a mess never gets anything nascar shirts,diecast nothing! my local kmart had a few haulers and a Jimmie Johnson and Dale Jr. National Guard for 2011.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts