Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Elliott to run for NEMCO Motorsports in Daytona 500: NEMCO Motorsports announced that Bill Elliott, past Sprint Cup Champion and Daytona 500 winner, will pilot the #97 Toyota for the Daytona 500 to be held at the Daytona International Speedway. This synergy will bring Front Row Joe, Joe Nemechek and Million Dollar Bill, Bill Elliott together as a powerful pair to kickoff the 2012 NASCAR season. "I am really excited to be racing with NEMCO Motorsports and Joe Nemechek, who has been a friend and respected competitor through the years," said Bill Elliott. "This will be a great way to start off the 2012 NASCAR season in Daytona."
"This is a great and fun moment in racing for us at NEMCO Motorsports," said Joe Nemechek. "We believe the talent and skill of Bill will steer the 97 car to a great showing for us and I am excited to be racing right along with him, this time on the same team."(NEMCO Motorsports)(2-15-2013)

(Jayski)

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,241 Posts
My gosh, he's gotta be pushing 60 years old....when is he just gonna hang it up? He just keeps coming back every year. I thought he was "retiring" after the 2003 season LOL

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My gosh, he's gotta be pushing 60 years old....when is he just gonna hang it up? He just keeps coming back every year. I thought he was "retiring" after the 2003 season LOL
Age is just a number. It's not like he's taking the spot of a "youngster" or anything with a full-time ride. If he (or anyone) wants to drive a race car on their 100th birthday, let 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I like this yes he made be old but he can still drive and handle the wheel like a pro and with him in the car sponsors are more than likely to be found!

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Elliott's only 56. Morgan Shepherd turned 70 last year, we could see Bill still racing 14 years from now.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
If Bill makes these races on time then no one can say a word. If he uses the PCP (which 95% of the time he doesn't) then yeah you can complain.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,241 Posts
I would rather have Bill Elliott in the 500 than Michael Waltrip. Just my personal opinion.....
Wow is that comment really necessary? This has NOTHING to do with Waltrip other than the fact I am a fan yet someone still has to get their shots in. I guess I can't comment on any driver without someone comparing them to Waltrip. I guess I should change my favorite drivers to Gordon, Earnhardt, and Petty. Then I could spout all I want about anyone and I could say my drivers are so much better than yours, therefore my opinion is more valid.....yeah right.

·
Premium Member
24,079 Posts
Wow is that comment really necessary? This has NOTHING to do with Waltrip other than the fact I am a fan yet someone still has to get their shots in. I guess I can't comment on any driver without someone comparing them to Waltrip. I guess I should change my favorite drivers to Gordon, Earnhardt, and Petty. Then I could spout all I want about anyone and I could say my drivers are so much better than yours, therefore my opinion is more valid.....yeah right.
"Lighten up, Francis."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/ame]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.