Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
#1 Harvick Fan
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Friday!!

whos going and for what?
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
I ain't going, got no MOOLA!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,722 Posts
went one time a couple of years ago.....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
I'm going out at 4am in the morning, thinking about staying up all night and just going to sleep after shopping. For what? because if I don't my wife won't let me hear the end of it! Makes the holidays a lot happier around here when the wife is happy! Who knows, I might luck up on a treasure hunt, or a new diecast. Good thing is, My shopping was over in June so I'm going site seeing for the most part..... There's always wait in the truck till she gets finished with a store and take a nap!! LOL
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
That's what a friend of mine and I always used to do.
He had moved away (about 3 hours away) so we would get together and have lunch, and dinner and walk the Malls, checking out the beautiful ladies and BS'n, and pre-shopping. Lineing up what I was interested in and where the best prices were located.
Guess I'm getting to old for that now, I can't stand the crowds.
 

·
Crazy Supporter
Joined
·
11,650 Posts
Going deer hunting and avoiding the shopping crowd. May go afterwards so I will have my rifle with me because I know how those crazy moms are after those deals. :)
 

·
TCL Original
Joined
·
7,021 Posts
I'll be getting up at 4 AM to go to work, like the rest of you sorry ass bastards should be doing!

Happy Thanksgiving!
 

·
Crazy Supporter
Joined
·
11,650 Posts
Believe said:
I'll be getting up at 4 AM to go to work, like the rest of you sorry ass bastards should be doing!

Happy Thanksgiving!
That's why they pay you the big bucks Believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
i'd love to go to walmart and get the dvd player that converts to 1080 for 30 bucks but no way am i gonna fight that crowd to get in at 5 am and then run to electronics to hope and be 1 of 4 to get one.i'm just gonna sleep in swing by office depot to get a memory card for the cam for 15 and head down to the track for the blowout sale
 

·
#1 Harvick Fan
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im going to toys r us for a zune mp3

im leaving my house at 1am they open at 5
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Black Friday is the most over-hyped day of the year. The savings aren't all that great. It's pretty sad that this country worships Black Friday. What some of these companies outta do is double the price and take 51 off it and laugh all the way to the bank and laugh at all the morons who think they are getting a great deal when in reality all they saved was a buck! Last time I checked the holidays were about the birth of Jesus Christ and not about getting great deals. It sickens me that this country has forgotten the true meaning behind the holidays and instead have fallen into the world of spend spend spend. My Christmas list is usually about 3 items because I don't need any material things.

Sorry just had to rant, I'm just tired of hearing all about how the holidays have turned into a shopping bonanza when that isn't what the holidays are supposed to be about.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Black Friday is the most over-hyped day of the year. The savings aren't all that great. It's pretty sad that this country worships Black Friday. What some of these companies outta do is double the price and take 51 off it and laugh all the way to the bank and laugh at all the morons who think they are getting a great deal when in reality all they saved was a buck! Last time I checked the holidays were about the birth of Jesus Christ and not about getting great deals. It sickens me that this country has forgotten the true meaning behind the holidays and instead have fallen into the world of spend spend spend. My Christmas list is usually about 3 items because I don't need any material things.

Sorry just had to rant, I'm just tired of hearing all about how the holidays have turned into a shopping bonanza when that isn't what the holidays are supposed to be about.
JJ, You are SO CORRECT. I get upset every year by the commercialism. I celebrate my way, and most everybody else does it their way. Nice to know I'm not alone.
Amen brother, amen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,883 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Black Friday is the most over-hyped day of the year. The savings aren't all that great. It's pretty sad that this country worships Black Friday. What some of these companies outta do is double the price and take 51 off it and laugh all the way to the bank and laugh at all the morons who think they are getting a great deal when in reality all they saved was a buck! Last time I checked the holidays were about the birth of Jesus Christ and not about getting great deals. It sickens me that this country has forgotten the true meaning behind the holidays and instead have fallen into the world of spend spend spend. My Christmas list is usually about 3 items because I don't need any material things.

Sorry just had to rant, I'm just tired of hearing all about how the holidays have turned into a shopping bonanza when that isn't what the holidays are supposed to be about.
I hear you on that man. We had to drive by a Kmart this morning on the way to the T-Day party & there was a huge line outside the store. For what? Nothing that can't wait is what I say. We never go shopping on Blk Friday. To much hype over nothing. For Christmas we buy for the kids & only the kids so that they can have more on that day. Then we buy something we need for each other after the holidays in Jan.
 

·
Crazy Supporter
Joined
·
11,650 Posts
smoke20fan said:
i'd love to go to walmart and get the dvd player that converts to 1080 for 30 bucks but no way am i gonna fight that crowd to get in at 5 am and then run to electronics to hope and be 1 of 4 to get one.i'm just gonna sleep in swing by office depot to get a memory card for the cam for 15 and head down to the track for the blowout sale
I have one just like it and it plays real nice, not hardly Blu-Ray or HDDVD quality but very very nice on an HDTV. Much better than standard DVD.
 

·
Beep Beep
Joined
·
914 Posts
do yourselves a favor guys...stay home...please... i am not asking because i work at walmart, and yes it is the busiest day of the year and most frantic. but seriously....there is nothing special anywhere, all those tvs you see advertised and computers and high end stuff, the stores have maybe 5 or so each, so unless your ready to fight 20 other people you wont be gettin it. as for those who have nothing better to do with their lives then wake up 4 in the morning to get little jimmy or themselves a christmas present, well by all means. All i know is my mom will be at work by 4am tommorow and shes not happy, would you be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
You know it's funny, My wife goes and gets a paper for all the sale ads. We look them over, She wants to know where we are going first. I say Doesn't matter to me, what did you find that you are wanting to get someone? NOTHING, is the answer I get! Seriously! I say so that means we aren't going in the morning? She gets pissed off at me because she can't find something to buy and I have no place I want to go.( AT 5am in the morning! ) She then looks over at me and dead seriously asks me, Well, where are you going to get your shopping done at smartass. I say Ebay, She hasn't spoken to me all afternoon! I not once said I wouldn't get up and go shopping, I not once said I wouldn't drive her where she wanted to go. I not once griped about carring three teenagers and a wife out to fight the crowds for the stuff that everyone doesn't want, or that they are going to have 5 of and you are the sixth person in line. NO I say I'm shopping off of EBAY and she gets mad! Not like I haven't done 90% of my shopping there for the last five years and I never heard any of them complain while they were opening presents! I haven't worked all year woman! Makes sense to me to save a buck or two and shop from home. I'm seriously not looking forward to THIS!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
I did the Black Friday once about 10 or 11 years ago and I refuse to do it again. My wife is in retail and has to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year since she is a district manager and she wanted me to go out early to buy a few items and I told her she could go or I would wait and pay full price. I guess she is going to try and go out before going into work, but my money says when 4 or 5am comes around she will still be in bed and I will be paying full price for the items she wanted.

I did all of my shopping online last year except for a few bottles of perfume for the wife. It was so easy to shop from my house and have all the stuff delivered to our front door. The internet is the coolest thing to ever come along in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
BadBowtie said:
I did the Black Friday once about 10 or 11 years ago and I refuse to do it again. My wife is in retail and has to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year since she is a district manager and she wanted me to go out early to buy a few items and I told her she could go or I would wait and pay full price. I guess she is going to try and go out before going into work, but my money says when 4 or 5am comes around she will still be in bed and I will be paying full price for the items she wanted.

I did all of my shopping online last year except for a few bottles of perfume for the wife. It was so easy to shop from my house and have all the stuff delivered to our front door. The internet is the coolest thing to ever come along in my book.
BBT, I 100% agree! On the perfume, do your homework and you can get some really great deals on it too! My wife last year picked out three bottles she liked from Dillards, I simple wrote the name, sixe and found out if there were any variations of the perfume, ( yes, blue white and dark all make a big difference!) But I came home and found one dealer who carried all three and got the kinds she wanted shipped to my door for what 1 bottle was going to cost me at Dillards! So yes, I can compare prices, find exactly what I want to give, don't have to worry about fighting the crowds, and I'm doing it from right here not using a tank of gas riding around trying to get lucky and just find it! I usually have saved enough time that when the item comes in I can have it wrapped and under the tree without her evening knowing I did a thing!!!
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
It's easier, makes sense and is economical. What about being married don't you understand? They would rather make it difficult, do it backwards or worse, and spend way to much than is necessary.
I agree w/you. Why fight crowds, get up, shower get dressed, waste gas, brave the lousy weather and everything else that makes the commercial Chrstmas a major pain in the ass, when you can get up late, make a pot o' coffee, comparison shop to get the best price, pay securely through Pay-Pal, and have it arrive at your door and sometimes even already wrapped at NO EXTRA CHARGE!
Sorry, even I forget we are talking about women/wives. Not too mention, they get pissed at you just because....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
I had a list full of stuff I was going to get tomorrow. Then I blew everything off so I could drive over to the track tomorrow. Then we decided that we are going to wait and go to Raw Monday in Charlotte. So now I am not doing anything tomorrow but sleeping lol. Taking all my money with me on Monday for shirts at Raw and hopefully can find something cheap at the Concord Mall or Hendrick and Ganassi's shops.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top