Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(From Jayski.com) On ESPN2's NASCAR Now, Marty Smith said Bill Davis Racing has picked up an option to keep Dave Blaney, driver of the #22 Caterpillar Toyota to drive the car in 2008 and there are provisions to keep Blaney longer. Caterpiller had already re-upped with the team.(9-27-2007).

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
demondecko said:
Yay another year of mediocrity.
At least I have another year of being able to watch my favorite driver, rather then wishing he were racing. They may not set the world on fire, but he is one of only 43 drivers in the world who drives NASCAR. That does count for something. I am grateful to BDR for giving my guy a ride, and for that I will support them and I believe that things will improve next year. They couldn't be any worse, at least as far as the end results are concerned. Thanks so much for the update, it is really appreciated! I don't have any shirts as a matter of fact Billy, but it does save me from buying a new hat and jacket! LOL! Will have to buy the cars though, but am considering going to 1/64's for budgetary reasons.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Blaney has done an excellent job, considering Toyota's struggles this year and the equipment/team he drives for. I bet he is more competitive next year than you guys think.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Know you're talking Ken :) The true scale claims another enlightened follower :) I only own 5 NASCAR shirts myself, but that is cause I'm too fat to fit into standard shirts. D'oh! :)

Karl's got the right idea. Once Gibbs starts throwing buckets full of money into Toyota's program, ALL the Toyotas will get better. Michael Waltrip might even qualify for more races then he misses! LOL!

Dave has already been the consistent best Toyota, and while he probably won't be once Tony Stewart gets there, he probably will start being a true race contender, as I think Brian Vickers will be too. But I don't think there are any die-hard Vickers fans on here...

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell, when Vickers drove for Hendricks, he was the only Hendricks driver I liked.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
demondecko said:
At least I have another year of being able to watch my favorite driver, rather then wishing he were racing. They may not set the world on fire, but he is one of only 43 drivers in the world who drives NASCAR. That does count for something. I am grateful to BDR for giving my guy a ride, and for that I will support them and I believe that things will improve next year. They couldn't be any worse, at least as far as the end results are concerned. Thanks so much for the update, it is really appreciated! I don't have any shirts as a matter of fact Billy, but it does save me from buying a new hat and jacket! LOL! Will have to buy the cars though, but am considering going to 1/64's for budgetary reasons.
Calm down Ken, it wasnt a shot at Dave. It was a shot at Bill Davis Racing.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
demondecko said:
FFighter_21 said:
demondecko said:
Calm down Ken, it wasnt a shot at Dave. It was a shot at Bill Davis Racing.
No offense taken. Just stating my position on BDR and Dave. I don't blame you for feeling offed at BDR. They didn't really treat Scott very well in the end. I was shocked at the loyalty they have shown Dave. Scott will be vindicated in the end, (insert lawsuit here), and I wish him the best of luck in that regard.
It is nice to see that people see that Dave has done well, just hasn't had any luck. Vickers did well in the Toyota Busch car (insert Dave's ride here) as did Dave. Toyota has their stuff together there as it is a truck w/different sheetmetal, so w/a year under their belt and JGR's engine builder in the fold, Toyota will be much improved this year, then add Stewart, Hamlin and K. Busch and I believe there is a surprise on the way.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Hopefully Dave can get some good finishes, I think the Toyotas will be alot better next year though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts