Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Is that for sure gonna happen? The Cup guys don't earn Nationwide points? I had not heard that?

·
Banned
0 Posts
I was watching Tradin' Paint last night on Speed and indeed Kyle Petty and John Roberts were discussing their opinions on the change that would prevent any Cup dirver in the Top 35 in Cup points from earning Nationwide Points. The insisted however that there would be no change next year. Any changes will be coming in 2009 before any Cup driver had the chance to commit to a full season like a few already have for next year.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
It doesn't matter if they take points away or not. So it would affect two or three drivers that run the full schedule. It wouldn't prevent the 20 or more drivers that invade the Busch Series every weekend because all they are concerned about is winning. Points or no points, doesn't matter. A simple change isn't going to do it. The Nationalwide Series needs a complete overhaul if they want the Cup guys out and NASCAR, sponsors, track owners and car owners don't want that to happen.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will this year it was 4 cup drivers who should be back in 08 bowyer will be 5 more are yet to announce how many races there will be running
but you are right sponsors want the best drivers in the sport in there backed cars not some failed cup driver
mind you some of the up and coming drivers do need a place to run the busch series has been the place to pit them against the best and then the track owners know cup drivers put bums on seats seen that for myself at daytona arca race(no cup drivers ) half a stand full the bud shootoot a full stand ) and yes then theres the owner points very important as rusty pointed out that need to be considered
guess nascar have there work to do if there are to please everybody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts