Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 2, 2012 - The Consumer Recall Advisory Panel (CRAP) has issued a product recall notice regarding some Spinmaster NASCAR diecasts after determining that some of the diecasts that were released did not meet technical specifications.

Moe Glutter, chief CRAP analyst, states that "Due to a technical issue related to some of these products, we are advising that the defective items be returned to the point of purchase. This decision is based on an investigation which has determined that the defect is in violation of the North American Diecast Society (NADS) guidelines, specifically section AA-23.1-M, "Actions detrimental to stock car diecast collecting".

Specifically, the recall is for all of the recently released 1/64 scale Jimmie Johnson diecasts, in which the technical violation shows that part of the diecast body does not conform to the technical standards set forth by NADS.

The investigation into this technical violation includes interviews of the production workers and an analysis of the manufacturing process to determine how the violation occured by CRAP's research unit, Consumer Recall Advisory Panel Production & Environmental Research System (CRAPPERS). The result of this investigation is that no one touched the mold, changed the specs, or knows how the area of the diecast became out of technical specifications.

The manufacturers head of production, Larry Furtz, has stated that "We thought everything was fine. It passed the tech spec's the last time we and NADS checked them. Really, we don't know how those posts got changed." Furtz has been suspended from his position for 6 weeks and fined $43.77, which he has appealed.

·
#DawgPound #Believeland
2,584 Posts
dont hate on me, im sorry. it sounded legit, because there are placces withh abbrevieted names are unrealistic, but they are real. so sorry that i couldnt understand...

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's just humor folks .... I was bored and thought I'd see if it would get a few chuckles.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Jimmie has been having a horrible time, illegal C posts on the car, Chad suspended 6 races, he cant even catch a break in the Toy isle at Walmart. If anyone still has the Johnsons, keep them, they might be worth something.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
That is so funny, I can't stop laughing!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts