Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I was in the Bristol the last couple of days and really had a blast! That place is simply amazing and its fair to say there is no other place on earth like it! I did really well autograph wise. I got everything I took signed... so its always a good thing when you run out of stuff! I ended up with a little over 100 autographs. I doubt if I will make a show and tell thread. It will take forever to take pictures of everything. Bristol is by far the best track I have ever gone to for autographs. I have been in the Garage at 3 different tracks and none of them even come close to Bristol. Down below is a little recap of the drivers and how they were with signing, etc.

Danica Patrick - NASCAR's golden girl was in a pissy mood from the moment she entered the track on Friday morning. I have met Danica several times and have never seen her like that. She still signed some autographs but not like she did before. I got her a few times Friday and didnt even approach her Saturday.

Jeff Gordon - For Jeff to be who he is in the sport. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet in the Garage. Jeff probably signs more autographs than anyone inside the Garage. He does not walk superfast and at time he will even stand still and sign in front of his hauler, etc. However this weekend he quit signing unlicensed photos. He was signing photos on Friday. On Saturday he signed a couple of photos then quit signing them unless they were licensed. I had never seen Gordon turn someone down for a autograph until Saturday. Jeff is still a super nice guy and you cant really blame him for not signing unlicensed photos. Maybe he will sign them again next week.. I dunno.. but he quit signing them in Bristol.

Jimmie Johnson - I have met Jimmie several times now and have he is always super nice. He now remembers my face and just smiles and laughs when I ask him for some autographs. If you can get close to Johnson then you will get his autograph.

Juan Pablo Montoya - Montoya was signing really good in Bristol. He signed both days I was there. Usually Juan would just ignore you and keep going. However he signing pretty good in Bristol. Everytime he was approached he was signing. Maybe he has had a change of heart.

Carl Edwards - Carl is Carl and loves the fans. On Friday when he enetered the track he followed his PR guy down to his hauler. When Carl got there he was asking his PR guy where he needed to go to sign in at. Its amazing how these drivers rely on there PR people while at the track.

Dale Jr - Dale was in a signing mood both days. I have never seen Dale sign so many autographs. He even signed down a long line of people outside the track as he was leaving on Friday. I am not a big Dale Jr fan so I only took a couple of things for him. I will not follow or chase Dale around a track. If I bump into him or see him coming then cool.. He is carrying a silver sharpie now and signing diecast on the windshield. Better than the bull crap black he was doing in years past.

Tony Stewart - Tony can be moody when at the track.. he signed everytime I seen him in Bristol. I didnt go ask him for one.. I just congratulated him and got a handshake from him on Friday. He seemed to appreciate it that I was not asking him for a autograph. Tony has labeled himself as the Peoples Champion.. so its nice to see him acting more like it. You will not get the best looking Stewart in the Garage but he will sign in there now more so than before.

If there is anyone you would like to know about just ask.. everyone was great.. cant wait for Martinsville in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Awesome haul! [MENTION=2227]glorytogod85[/MENTION] what type of garage pass did you have?

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Gotta agree w everything you said tj. Very accurate review of all the drivers.

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Hear/see the Busch brothers? Hamlin?

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time. I like your driver updates. Very cool. That is funny what you wrote about Danica. I have met her several times in the past that mood you described was the way she was in the past when I met her. Thank you for sharing.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
awesome glad you had fun

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
Sounds like fun! I'm sure Jimmie sees you coming and wants to run. JK lol I'm getting nervous about Danica after hearing everybody's stories about her. Did you happen to notice if she was at least nicer to kids? I hope so. =/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts