Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kasey Kahne is the new beer man, picking up Budweiser on Tuesday as the primary sponsor for his No. 9 Dodge.

The sponsorship was announced at Gillett Evernham Motorspots, where Kahne entered the event on the famed Budweiser Clydesdales.

``Budweiser has a long and storied history with NASCAR and some of its most successful drivers. We're excited about Kasey's ability to add to that outstanding lineage,'' said Tony Ponturo, vice president, global media and sports marketing, Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

Bud became the most valuable sponsorship in NASCAR when it teamed with Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2000. But Earnhardt is leaving DEI for Hendrick Motorsports at the end of this season, and he'll announce a new sponsor Wednesday in Dallas.

``You can't compare me to Dale Jr. You can't compare anybody to Dale Jr.,'' Kahne said. ``That guy is in a league of his own. But as far as us, we can do everything possible to get better and bigger because of Budweiser than I've been before.''

Budweiser had been in discussions with majority team owner George Gillett about sponsoring his Liverpool soccer team, but the deal didn't work out. When Gillett bought majority ownership of Evernham's race team this summer, the discussions resumed about a partnership and a deal was made to sponsor Kahne's No. 9.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Me too. I liked the new logo on the hood, but overall, the same thing as before.
I always liked the clean look of Jr.'s white cars, I would have liked to see it look more like the artwork on the can. White w/red trim and lettering, and the blue highlights. That would have been sweet. JMO.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
He won't be running as many Busch races next year. Bud had restricted Jr. to 3 Busch races per year in the contract last time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
He won't be running as many Busch races next year. Bud had restricted Jr. to 3 Busch races per year in the contract last time.
He ran 5 races last year, and I thought Junior didn't really care that much about Busch racing to do more than 3 to 5 anyway.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Sorry for the late post, but I like Kahnes new car. Hopefully he can put it in Victory Lane next year, it will look better!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
selby92 said:
Sorry for the late post, but I like Kahnes new car. Hopefully he can put it in Victory Lane next year, it will look better!
I like the new banner on your signature. You do a great job on them. That is totally sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts