Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a car from one of the members of this forum. I don't want to mention any names because the guy may have overlooked some issues with the car however, when I received the # 83 Brian Vickers Red Bull COT, the rear wing was completely detached from the deck lid and the front splitter was hanging by one brace. Some of the braces are broken. And the car did not have a box. On top of that, it took weeks for the car to arrive.
Yes, I paid only $20 for the car but was not aware that it did not have a box with it. If this member had told me that there was damage to the car, at least I would have had an opportunity to tell him that I was not interested in it. Now I have a car that is damaged and without a box and looks like a used toy. I'm really bummed out about this because I looked so much forward to having this car.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
First of all, have you contacted the seller about these issues? If not, that should be your starting point.

How was the car described to you before agreeing to the purchase? With no box and in that condition, I think "overlooked some issues" is being too kind if you weren't aware of the issues.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will send him a PM back today on the issue. He is not a very active member. I checked all the past adds he had and the add that I responded too I can't seem to find. However, when I read similar adds he had posted for this car, he mentioned that car was in perfect shape and that there was no box. But I know for a fact that it was not mentioned in the add that I responded too.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I know who are you referring to with this post. Did you make a transaction agreement? I can't seem to find one

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Regardless of what you paid, did the seller ship the car packaged safely and securely? In addition, was it insured? It's quite possible he sent it in good condition and it was damaged in transit. I don't care if I sell a car for $10, I always insure it. Have you seen the videos of some of these delivery drivers lately?

In addition, I generally send pictures of diecast I am selling to the buyer prior to closing the deal. I want the seller to know exactly what he is getting. Last but not least, if there is an issue, I try to resolve it privately before I go public.

Please post a link to the transaction agreement. If you didn't make one, you are unfortunately not protected by the rules of this site. I don't care if I do a transaction with someone I have "known" for the entire time I have been on this site and done transactions with before, I ALWAYS make a transaction agreement as per the site's owner's rules.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, unfortunately, there was no transaction agreement. I just responded to his add and made an agreement. I don't even know if there was any insurance on it. The car was wrapped in bubble wrap but and taped down with painters tape. There was not a lot of protection to the car and the bubble wrap was deflated in some parts. Even if this happened during the transport of the car, it just wasn't protected properly. It is a good lesson for next time because I won't buy a car without a box, that's for sure.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
No, unfortunately, there was no transaction agreement. I just responded to his add and made an agreement. I don't even know if there was any insurance on it. The car was wrapped in bubble wrap but and taped down with painters tape. There was not a lot of protection to the car and the bubble wrap was deflated in some parts. Even if this happened during the transport of the car, it just wasn't protected properly. It is a good lesson for next time because I won't buy a car without a box, that's for sure.
Also make sure you have the seller make a TA or make one yourself. You can always make it a "trade" one where you are "trading" money for the diecast. Protect yourself

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know now unfortunately. And I will make sure that I have an AT in place the next time.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I still recommend you contact the seller and see if he'll make it right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have nothing to hide others have gotten cars from me and loved them
no box included always mentioned on the vickers car
so i used painters tape big freekin deal
box was large enough for ample bubble wrap
so a few bubbles were deflated - no protection was overlooked in the wraping more than enough bubble wrap used
unless a perfect box was totally distroyed from the outside ,
there is no way a perfect car could be that destroyed upon arrival unless a postal employie was inside the box

also - dont you dare complaine about shipping time via a pm you know car was going out a few days late [ 5 days after payment recieved] you recieved tracking info and got car usps delivery conf in 7 days wich was $9. and change out of a $20 payment

i refuse to be scorned upon for doing nothing wrong

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Pretty defensive answer-- not even acknowledging the fact that the box could have been drop-kicked from one mail truck to the other. It happens-- things get damaged in the mail all the time. In addition, what about the site rules about making a transaction agreement for sales made on the site?
[MENTION=1]racersimage[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20]Believe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13]Ron3fan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3]Geebi[/MENTION]

·
Registered
67 Posts
you bet your ass its a defensive answer i sent a perfectly good package in every manner if you are telling the truth take it up with the postman

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
you bet your ass its a defensive answer i sent a perfectly good package in every manner if you are telling the truth take it up with the postman
There is no good excuse for not making a Transaction Agreement. Creating a TA is clearly stated in DCZ's 2012 Classifieds Guidelines :

"After agreeing to sell or trade an item, be sure to create a Transaction Agreement by clicking the Create a Transaction link at the bottom of any members private message or posting within the forum. The transaction will be recorded on our Transaction Agreement forum for further reporting of when an item was paid for and shipped out. This is the sellers responsibility for every transaction agreed upon. The seller will face suspension from the community if a deal falls through and there was no record of a transaction agreement created."

I'm afraid that this one could be on you [MENTION=646]bill miller[/MENTION] if the facts show that [MENTION=2338]michel31[/MENTION] is telling the truth. Maybe providing some pictures of the condition of your diecast and the box you received it in could be of use [MENTION=2338]michel31[/MENTION]?

I'm sorry to see this happen, but I can not stress how important it is for buyers, sellers, and traders to CREATE A TRANSACTION AGREEMENT! It is a requirement listed in the DCZ Classifieds Guidelines for your own good! If you are the seller in a transaction, it should be your responsibility to create the TA, but if the seller refuses, the buyer always can create the TA as a "trade money for this diecast". In a trade, either party can create the TA.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
i have nothing to hide others have gotten cars from me and loved them
no box included always mentioned on the vickers car
so i used painters tape big freekin deal
box was large enough for ample bubble wrap
so a few bubbles were deflated - no protection was overlooked in the wraping more than enough bubble wrap used
unless a perfect box was totally distroyed from the outside ,
there is no way a perfect car could be that destroyed upon arrival unless a postal employie was inside the box

also - dont you dare complaine about shipping time via a pm you know car was going out a few days late [ 5 days after payment recieved] you recieved tracking info and got car usps delivery conf in 7 days wich was $9. and change out of a $20 payment

i refuse to be scorned upon for doing nothing wrong
I don't know you or OP but things do happen during shipment. It's hard to say what bubble wrap looked like as everyone wraps different, and without a box just sucks because there is the chance no matter what. Now the way you come off like you knew you half-assed the shipping and trying to cut and run. I'm not at all pointing fingers, and this could be a lesson learned for members.

Now onto the price of the transaction, I have no idea why you throw money out there. If you agreed $20 shipped, and it cost more than you thought to ship, that's your loss not the sellers problem.

Sounds to me you guys need to handle this through PMs first, and next time if it were me, take pictures before shipment, after package (non sealed box) and then seller could take pics now to show how he got it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the funny part. There was totally no damage to the box. I checked the box again this morning and there is just no damage to it, or any signs that it had been dropped or kicked. I will take pictures later today and post them, including the bubble wrap and the damage to the car. Furthermore Bill, I was so good to not even mention your name as I don't like to do that. I am not doubting that you have shipped cars before without the original box but the way my car arrived was just a little too much.

·
Registered
932 Posts
This what the car looked like when it came out the box. There are more pics of the bubble wrap and the box in my album.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Youch. Either way it was shipped, and or issues with delivery, it still sucks to have a car arrive like that. What a bummer.......

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Youch. Either way it was shipped, and or issues with delivery, it still sucks to have a car arrive like that. What a bummer.......
It sure is. But like I said before, I learned a valuable lesson.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts