Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a hundred or so 'smooth' transactions on EBAY I got burned by a pissed seller on shipping. You want more for your cars? Then ask for more!! Man - I hate getting screwed on shipping. Today I received 1/64 scale decals only to find out they are really more like a 1/62 or 1/60th scale -SCM stuff. And now I have a seller who won't respond to my emails because he wants more than the winning bids! UGGGGHH!!!!!
Sorry for the negative energy - but venting keeps my blood pressure down. I least I got a good deal on 4 cars yesterday on this site.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slow down Mr. Know Everything!!! Thanks for assuming I must not know what I'm doing. I emailed the ebay seller and asked for a combined shipping deal. Than he refused after because he scored a total of two bucks for $15 worth of stuff.

Simple - if you don't like the shipping dont buy it, don't buy it then complain that you paid too much for shipping, you agreed to it by paying the invoice.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Slow down Mr. Know Everything!!! Thanks for assuming I must not know what I'm doing. I emailed the ebay seller and asked for a combined shipping deal. Than he refused after because he scored a total of two bucks for $15 worth of stuff.
This is whats wrong with the buyers on ebay, they have all the power with feedback. If you don't like what they are charging find it somewhere else, don't buy it then complain! Simple as that. I cant tell you how many times I have sold on ebay and had to take money out of my pocket to ship something to someone just because they live in CA! Sellers cant calculate every transaction so they just charge an average.
I usually charge $8.00 for 1 - 1/24th car, well if it goes to KY im good, but when the buyer is west of the mississippi it usually is cheaper to ship flat rate box. I don't email the buyer and tell them they owe more, its not thier fault. So this is the same thing, it is not the sellers fault that you don't like the shipping charge, read auctions and ask questions before you purchase, and if you don't like what they have to say just don't buy it.

Ebays system is a flawed system and needs to be revised to prevent "shipping time/charges" if you pay the invoice you agreed to the price.

I have been on ebay as a seller for 12+ years I know the ins and outs of ebay, Iv seen it good and now I see it BAD.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand your frustration with difficult buyers, but this didn't fall into that category. This guy listed his items for .01 cents as an opening bid because he thought he was going to get big coin on his items. The way he posted his auction probably led to fewer people viewing his items than expected. I got a steal of a deal and then the seller tried to triple the S&H. Anywho....just since this morning EBAY corrected the issue and I paid promptly....now I have to hope I get my stuff. I sell occasionally myself and the headache from bad buyers often makes me use my local CL.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
The seller is not obliged to offer combined shipping.
Catch is that if he charges individual shipping for the items purchased, then ships them combined to save money, it´s called fraud.

You can see how much he paid in shipping cost when you receive the parcel. Is that less then what you paid, ask the seller to refund the difference.

If the seller doesn´t comply, you have the power really.
You can file a complaint with ebay and/or give bad feedback. Both things will effect the seller negatively. In the end I do not see where the benefit for a seller to try and get a profit out of a deal in trade for the consequences.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Issue is already resolved. EBAY reviewed the email stating the seller would combine shipping and then trying to change it.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
Solitare:

The seller is not obliged to offer combined shipping.

True

Catch is that if he charges individual shipping for the items purchased, then ships them combined to save money, it´s called fraud.

Incorrect--Sellers need a seperate DC# if paid for seperately. If buyer pays for both items together seller is within his right to combine both items in one package.

Combined shipping means you ship items in one box. You are confusing Combined shipping with Discounted shipping for multiple purchases. 2 different things.

You can see how much he paid in shipping cost when you receive the parcel.

Not always--It is possible to not show the shipping cost on the label if printed thru Ebay shipping.

Is that less then what you paid, ask the seller to refund the difference.

Again wrong. You knew what the shipping was before you made your bid. You don't get a do over.

In Double Drive's case seller is trying to recoup money from low selling price by increasing the shipping charges which is a definete violation of Ebay policy.

If the seller doesn´t comply, you have the power really.

True

You can file a complaint with ebay and/or give bad feedback.

Also true

Both things will effect the seller negatively.

True

In the end I do not see where the benefit for a seller to try and get a profit out of a deal in trade for the consequences.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
[MENTION=1346]blueduece58[/MENTION]

My experience mostly comes from buying in the US and shipping to Europe.

I quite a few cases I had to contact the seller and agreed on buying (clicked Buy It Now or place a bid) before a shipping quote was available. Some sellers had never shipped outside of the US and we worked out shipping cost after the auction ended.

I do not always know how much shipping is when I buy from ebay because the price is not always listed.

I can accept that for US citizens this is somewhat different.

It´s a matter of perspective I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts