Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ward Burton relieved of his duties at Morgan/McClure, replaced by Bodine...
Todd Bodine will replace Ward Burton in the No. 4 Morgan-McClure Chevrolet this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway Tim Morgan, President of Morgan-McClure Motorsports, Inc. (MMM), and Larry McClure, Team Manager announced Monday.
Morgan stated, “Ward has worked hard for us this year, he is a good driver and a friend. Todd has been helpful to us in the past and has agreed to step in and help us benchmark our efforts as we get ready for the 2008 season.”
Bodine will carry sponsorship from State Water Heaters for this weekend’s race. There is no word on Burton’s plans for the 2008 season.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Relieved or rather mutual departure. Regardless, MMM is a piss-poor organization (in more ways than one). No driver will fix the problems they have. They'll be closed up before Daytona. I just hope Ward can land on his feet with a decent Busch or Truck team. Hopefully something like Wimmer got this year. Half-schedule Busch ride with a top flight team. Ward deserves something after the way he's been treated by bad owners. Davis, Haas and now MMM. He needs a break.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel bad for him. Another guy got up in the youth movement. He can still get it done, just can't get a competitive ride.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
As I have said before...McClure is a bad team and on one can do anything with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts