Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busch calls Hendrick a liar on radio show
Published June 14th, 2007 in NASCAR

Kyle BuschOn Thursday, it became obvious that the honeymoon was over in relation to Hendrick Motorsports’ signing of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Kyle Busch, the driver Earnhardt Jr. will replace next year, basically called owner Rick Hendrick a liar on a Sirius satellite-radio call-in show.

According to Hendrick, he and Busch mutually agreed that leaving the team would be best for both parties. Hendrick also said Busch told him other teams had approached him. A gracious statement was issued in Busch’s name at the same time the press conference announcing Earnhardt’s hiring was taking place. Not so, said Busch.

“Well, you know, this is all brand new,” said Busch. “I hadn’t talked or discussed or done anything with any other team. There had been a rumor that flew around that I was unhappy at Hendrick Motorsports, which was untrue. I was just frustrated with the way things were going, that I wasn’t able to get results. We had been running good and been fast everywhere, but we just had some bad luck and were crashing, and whatever.

“That rumor started, and then after that rumor, it was that I was getting offers from other teams, which, I had never talked to anybody.”

Busch said he hadn’t been given any indication that he wouldn’t be back at Hendrick until Monday.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
:maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver: :maddriver:

Sounds Like Shrub might have to be talking to some other teams now!! Guess we all know who will be the HMS rival now don't we!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Didnt they start treating Vickers like the step child after he announced he was leaving last year? I wonder how long before Kyle is locked out of driver meetings.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Yes, I agree, but Jr. is in the same situation. But Kyle has at least won a race this year, he has a very good chance of being picked up. Hopefully DEI, so Jr. & Busch can keep there #'s for next year!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
What hasn't shrub whined about this year?

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Busch to Dei?

Truex would welcome Busch as possible teammate
SCENEDAILY - 12:17PM ET FRIDAY JUNE 15, 2007 -
Print This Article RSS Feed

STREETER LECKA / GETTY IMAGESBROOKLYN, Mich. - Martin Truex Jr. doesn't mind seeing teammate and friend Dale Earnhardt Jr. go to Hendrick Motorsports, and he's willing to accept Kyle Busch as a teammate.

Truex said he thinks Earnhardt Jr. will be more relaxed now that he has made a decision following his May 10 announcement that he would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc.

He thinks the last month has taken its toll on Earnhardt Jr, who announced Wednesday he would replace Busch at Hendrick Motorsports.

"I think he had a hard time holding it all in all the time," Truex said. "He couldn't talk to anybody about it. It seemed like he was getting a little stressed out. He's back to normal now, so he's real happy."

And Truex was happy to see Earnhardt Jr. be pleased with the decision he made, even if he is joining the team that has won the majority of the races this year with Busch, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Casey Mears.

"Everybody always raves about how great a place it is to work," Truex said. "Obviously, Rick takes care of his people, and that's why everybody wants to go there.

"It will be interesting to see how Dale Jr. can get in there and work with Jimmie and Jeff and Casey and them guys. Who knows? Maybe we haven't seen the best of Dale Jr. great. Maybe he'll win 60 percent or all the races."

As far as Earnhardt Jr.'s replacement, Truex said he wouldn't have any problems with having Busch as a teammate. The two did have a few clashes in battling for the Busch Series title in 2004.

"I remember him getting pretty mad at me a few times, but other than that, that's about as far as it went," Truex said. "Kyle is a great driver. That's obvious. Everybody knows that. He's had a few issues in the past with his temper and things get the best of him, but could I imagine him as a teammate?

"Yeah, I think he'd be a good teammate. I get along with Kyle just fine, always have. He's a heck of a race-car driver. He could help us with getting our cars fast."

Truex said he and Busch get along.

"I'm probably the easiest guy in this garage to get along with," Truex said. "I treat people fair no matter what the circumstances are. I have no problems with Kyle.

"We've hung out in the garage and talked a bunch. He's always been good and nice to me."

Truex himself is on a tear, as he has improved from 20th to 11th in points over the last four races, which included his first career win at Dover. He said that now that it's been a month since Earnhardt Jr. announced he is leaving, the company has gotten focused on the future.

"As far as our racing goes and the people that work there on the race equipment, things are awesome," Truex said. "They're working hard and building great stuff. They're getting things better still. The race cars have been really good. On that side, we're doing great."

·
Registered
335 Posts
busch had torn up more equipment and made some bad statements.. he should've kept quiet. that's why he's gone from hendricks. he says things, many of which are no longer tolerated by nascar fans in general, or in fact believed. his word is to me worthless. he just doesn't seem to learn. a guy with his talent is great, but his disposition and ability to lose it on the track, could make him end up without a ride if it keeps up. face it, kurt still hasn't learned. he's better. but, look at the last couple weeks of kurts season. the kurt of old.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I agree with you Kwik. Kyle is a great talent but his attitude is what gets him in trouble. He comes out and wins the first COT race at Bristol and the first thing he says is "This car sucks." Well guess what Kyle. In 2008 you are going to have to deal with that car for all 36 races whether you like it or not! Kyle needs to learn that he is not the only person on the team. Abandoning his team at Texas just goes to show you how much he cares about his team. His team is working their tails off to get his car back out and he runs away. I've always liked Kyle for his on-edge driving and how he is not afraid to push the limits but his attitude annoys me a lot and ultimately it's the attitude that will determine his value in the garage area.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Just found this on Jayski. Looks like Kyle was unaware of what was all happening:

Agent kept Kyle Busch in dark during contract extension talks: #5-Kyle Busch says his previous agent hampered negotiations to keep him at Hendrick Motorsports. The 22-year-old driver said on Friday that Alan Miller kept him in the dark about many things during talks to sign an extension beyond next season and that he was surprised initially to learn Dale Earnhardt Jr. had been signed to replace him. Among the things was the number of other organizations expressing an interest in Busch, which team owner Rick Hendrick said had a negative impact on discussions. "My previous representation didn't inform me that he was getting calls," Busch said before practice at Michigan International Speedway. "Then I guess that was opened up to Hendrick Motorsports. They sort of got upset. Miller, who was at MIS representing other clients, was disappointed in Busch's comments. "I've been doing this for a long, long time," said Miller, who has represented HMS drivers Jimmie Johnson and Casey Mears, to name a few. "My reputation is as good as anybody's. I'm not going to dignify what Kyle said with a response. I'm sorry Kyle chose to say something like that," Miller said. Busch was given a release from the final year of his contract next season at HMS on Monday. He was joined at MIS by his new agent, Bruce Kempton. Kempton said he's had calls from just about every organization in the Nextel Cup garage. Officials at DEI, Ginn Racing, Richard Childress Racing and Evernham Motorsports have expressed an open interest. EMS owner Ray Evernham told Busch personally after the two competed in a dirt track event on Thursday night that he was prepared to expand his organization to four teams if they could reach an agreement. Busch said he would like to stay in a Chevy but added that he's not married to the manufacturer.(ESPN.com)(6-16-2007)

This would explain why Kyle said Hendrick was a liar when in fact his agent was having these discussions without Kyle's knowledge.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
That all sucks and all, but I wouldn't mind Kyle leaving lol

I personally don't really like Kyle, I never really liked his attitude, especially during his rookie season in Busch. I'll definately give him this though, that boy can race the hell out of a car. Either he's going to wreck it, or win. Or wrecking trying to win lol

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
I really don't like kyle busch. he is wreckless out on the track. i don't like his attitude. i'm glad he's leaving hendrick. Get talent back behind the 5 or 25.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
You got your wish in the 5 car. I think Jr. should prosper with the Hendrick team. He won't have all of the pressure from DEI, and Hendrick really has there act together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts