Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody could answer this question I've been looking for 11 years that would be awesome!. Did they make a 98 Elton Sawyer die cast 1 24 or 1 64 from 2001 that was Mike and Ike, Hot Tamales or Zoinks? If so Where could i purchase one my favorite car of all-time and I've been looking for forever hopefully someone can help me out! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I want to say that a 1/64 of the Hot Tamales car was made, but I'm not certain.

Maybe [MENTION=332]Billy Kingsley[/MENTION] can help

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to say that a 1/64 of the Hot Tamales car was made, but I'm not certain.

Maybe [MENTION=332]Billy Kingsley[/MENTION] can help
thanks! I've been looking at shows ebay etc. and I've only found decals and i know he ran the mike and ike car at Dover on 6/3/01 and he ran the hot tamales car for most of the season but I've wanted to buy one forever or the Zoinks yellow car he ran but thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I don't think any of Sawyer's Just Born cars were made. The only Hot Tamales car I know of is Kerry Earnhardt's. I myself was hoping for a Zoinks, Peeps or any of the Mike and Ike cars.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
As far as I know, none of those were made. Elton had all the college cars and the Starter paint schemes produced (only a handful were made in 1/24, mostly all 1/64), but none of the Just born cars. The Hot Tamales car that was produced was Derick Gilchrist in the #15 in 2000, which, if I'm not mistaken, was an Andy Petree owned car, which I think was a similar scheme but I can't remember exactly what Elton's Hot Tamales car looked like. Hope this helps. God bless

Kenny

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know, none of those were made. Elton had all the college cars and the Starter paint schemes produced (only a handful were made in 1/24, mostly all 1/64), but none of the Just born cars. The Hot Tamales car that was produced was Derick Gilchrist in the #15 in 2000, which, if I'm not mistaken, was an Andy Petree owned car, which I think was a similar scheme but I can't remember exactly what Elton's Hot Tamales car looked like. Hope this helps. God bless

Kenny
thanks for the info, makes me sad I've looked for that long to find out they went even probably made. Do you know if they made the wisconsin car in a 1 24 or 1 64? thanks would like that car also!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Forgot about Gilchrist's car. That car, #15, and Earnhardt's #12 were Busch Series cars and Earnhardt's Super Hot Tamales #83 was a Cup car.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts

Kenny
That must've been the car I was thinking about. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
The college cars show up on ebay. I just bought a bunch last month. I believe all schools were done in both scales. I don't recall all the the colleges that were on the car.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Hmmmm...now your stretching my memory. There were like 15 of the college cars produced as a set the year he ran them and I can't remember which colleges he ran. I have them all but they packed away at my parents. I'm pretty sure they did make one in 1/64, but not in 1/24. Only 5-6 of them got made in 1/24 that I know of. Diecastdeals.com was the one who helped get all those college cars made. He had 5 of the more popular schools done in Racing Champions 1/24 while all of them were made in 1/64. I know (and have) the Nebraska car that was a school promo maybe that was done in RC Premier Series form while the rest were done in closed hood/trunk form. He still has a few, but I don't see the Wisconsin one. www.diecastdeals.com was the website and it still exists, but, it takes you to his eBay store page now. You could at least get an idea of what some of them look like. God bless

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
i have this 1/43 racing champions but neither the car or the box have any dates or driver names.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Yea, Revell also made the #15 Gilchrist car in 1/24 Collection and I think Club forms as well. I don't remember there being a 1/64. Someone could correct me on that one if I'm wrong. God bless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts