Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from a friend today. Dale Jr. Stars and Stripes Color Chrome. This brings my diecast total to 152 of the 1/24 scale cars.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
That is a great car. Is that the elite version or the ARC (QVC) version?

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's just the standard Color Chrome. There were about 2,800 produced. Mine is number 294.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great add, I love the color chrome of that car!!!

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Nice color chrome add!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The sad thing about those cars (and the Budweiser Camo cars released about the same time) is that they were released late in Dale Jr.'s last year with Budweiser and DEI. The standard cars came out earlier, but the color chrome cars (and elites) came out around October or November. I remember, because I promptly ordered both elites.

On Dec. 31st, RCCA and Action had to stop selling all Dale Jr. Budweiser related items due to licensing. Budweiser was moving to the 9 car and Kasey Kahne, and Dale Jr. was moving to the 88 and HMS. The Color Chrome elites were blown out to GMB, and they regularly showed up there for the longest time for $60 or less. (Around a 50% mark down.) Of course, QVC over produced these cars with every imaginable finish, so those also showed up for pennies on the dollar.

Don't get me wrong; those are two of my favorite Dale Jr. "8" cars, but I think they would have been more popular had be not been leaving the 8 and if they had not gone to blow out so early after having been released.

In addition, when they made Kyle Busch's new flag car in color chrome, I wish they would have made the blue or red color chrome instead of making the white silver chrome. It would have looked so much better that way.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew they were inexpensive color chromes. My buddy said even after shipping he got it for under $20. It may not be an expensive car, but the chrome makes it one of the more beautiful pieces for sure.

The sad thing about those cars (and the Budweiser Camo cars released about the same time) is that they were released late in Dale Jr.'s last year with Budweiser and DEI. The standard cars came out earlier, but the color chrome cars (and elites) came out around October or November. I remember, because I promptly ordered both elites.

On Dec. 31st, RCCA and Action had to stop selling all Dale Jr. Budweiser related items due to licensing. Budweiser was moving to the 9 car and Kasey Kahne, and Dale Jr. was moving to the 88 and HMS. The Color Chrome elites were blown out to GMB, and they regularly showed up there for the longest time for $60 or less. (Around a 50% mark down.) Of course, QVC over produced these cars with every imaginable finish, so those also showed up for pennies on the dollar.

Don't get me wrong; those are two of my favorite Dale Jr. "8" cars, but I think they would have been more popular had be not been leaving the 8 and if they had not gone to blow out so early after having been released.

In addition, when they made Kyle Busch's new flag car in color chrome, I wish they would have made the blue or red color chrome instead of making the white silver chrome. It would have looked so much better that way.

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
Very nice JR add!!

·
PENSKE INDY NUT
87 Posts
Nice. Makes me motivated...I'm about 60 behind you. Time to sell the dogs and get more diecast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts