Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Its more of a sponsors person than a fans person. Can't say a sentance without a sponsor mention in there.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I think that graphic might explain why Denny Hamlin's win cars don't meet MOQ more than anything.. :p

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that graphic might explain why Denny Hamlin's win cars don't meet MOQ more than anything.. :p
I'm no Denny fan, but geez, why does everyone dislike him so much? He's below Johnson on having a negative impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
I'm no Denny fan, but geez, why does everyone dislike him so much? He's below Johnson on having a negative impact.

I just don't like his attitude, he just rubs me off the wrong way as a douche. He has improved over the years though.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts

No idea. I really don't understand why fans allow someone being successful affect their viewership/enjoyment either. So, it's just one big mystery.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
No idea. I really don't understand why fans allow someone being successful affect their viewership/enjoyment either. So, it's just one big mystery.
Its more then success obviously. He's below Jimmie and Jimmie is more successful then Denny can dream to be. IMO its his attitude. I was a fan of his in 2006 and thought it was awesome I saw him win his first race.....then I met him. He was not a pleasant driver to meet. The next few times I met him after where no different.

Jimmie on the other hand who is also in the red is super nice. He will almost always stop and sign and has a smile on. I remember the one race he was taken out and while the team was fixing the car in the garage he had no problem signing for fans. He is a class act.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Its more then success obviously. He's below Jimmie and Jimmie is more successful then Denny can dream to be. IMO its his attitude. I was a fan of his in 2006 and thought it was awesome I saw him win his first race.....then I met him. He was not a pleasant driver to meet. The next few times I met him after where no different.

Jimmie on the other hand who is also in the red is super nice. He will almost always stop and sign and has a smile on. I remember the one race he was taken out and while the team was fixing the car in the garage he had no problem signing for fans. He is a class act.
I didn't say that is why Denny Hamlin is at the bottom. I'm saying that I don't understand why fans allow the winner (or successful drivers) affect their enjoyment of the races. I'm just wanting to see good racing and hopefully my driver(s) winning. There are too many people caught up on someone they don't like winning thus it's a boring/bad/etc. race solely because that driver won. That's what I was saying.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I didn't say that is why Denny Hamlin is at the bottom. I'm saying that I don't understand why fans allow the winner (or successful drivers) affect their enjoyment of the races. I'm just wanting to see good racing and hopefully my driver(s) winning. There are too many people caught up on someone they don't like winning thus it's a boring/bad/etc. race solely because that driver won. That's what I was saying.
I think tons of people fall into that including me many times. I tune in to see good racing sure, but if I spent 4 hours watching a race to see Kevin, or Denny (as examples) win. It does drag down the race to me. Nobody wants to watch drivers they don't like win. Its just unfortunately part of it. I thought Richmond was a great race, but I was bummed Joey won.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I think tons of people fall into that including me many times. I tune in to see good racing sure, but if I spent 4 hours watching a race to see Kevin, or Denny (as examples) win. It does drag down the race to me. Nobody wants to watch drivers they don't like win. Its just unfortunately part of it. I thought Richmond was a great race, but I was bummed Joey won.
That's fair enough. I guess it doesn't really bother me because there really aren't drivers that I don't like. I don't cheer for certain drivers, but I also don't shake my fist whenever the win. Like.. people assume I don't like Kevin Harvick since I'm a Kyle Busch fan, but seeing him win doesn't bother me. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
I remember one race where Denny won a couple of years ago, Think it was Michigan, the race ended before 4. He dominated and didn't even show any interest, That may have been the race with the Kevin James/Adam Sandler command. That may be the highlight of the weekend. Like April said, I didnt mind Denny back when he was a Chevy driver. Since Kyle coincidentally joined Joe Gibbs, he had a more visible cocky smug attitude. Just pointing that out. Not saying Kyle was a bad influence, just pointing out the coincidence.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
I remember one race where Denny won a couple of years ago, Think it was Michigan, the race ended before 4. He dominated and didn't even show any interest, That may have been the race with the Kevin James/Adam Sandler command. That may be the highlight of the weekend. Like April said, I didnt mind Denny back when he was a Chevy driver. Since Kyle coincidentally joined Joe Gibbs, he had a more visible cocky smug attitude. Just pointing that out. Not saying Kyle was a bad influence, just pointing out the coincidence.
i think matt had help denny on father hood too since matt want to gibbs n help denny on his attitude i havent meet denny in person yet i have seen his mom

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
It's because of Toyota. They just take everyone to the dark side and change them! You'll see. Matt's going to start throwing water bottles before long. You watch! ;)

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
It's because of Toyota. They just take everyone to the dark side and change them! You'll see. Matt's going to start throwing water bottles before long. You watch! ;)
At least Matt's positive attitude has helped in my opinion. Optimistic and got 7 wins last year. Still winless but he will get a win before the Chase rolls.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I think a lot of fans feel that way. Drivers I don't care for winning doesn't affect how much I watch the cup series, but watching guys like Carl, Kyle, Kevin, Brad, and Joey win about 90% of NNS and companion truck races over the past few seasons has pretty much turned me off of those series.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts

That's fair enough. I guess it doesn't really bother me because there really aren't drivers that I don't like. I don't cheer for certain drivers, but I also don't shake my fist whenever the win. Like.. people assume I don't like Kevin Harvick since I'm a Kyle Busch fan, but seeing him win doesn't bother me. Different strokes for different folks.
I must be the exception to the rule and I'm sure there are other fans that feel the same way. I enjoy watching the races and don't get me wrong , I would like to see Dale Jr win all the time but I know it won't happen. I really don't dislike any driver but I see it a lot on this board when a certain driver wins or a certain driver causes a wreck or I hate to see that driver win and so on. Maybe it because I'm old school but racing is in my blood and I'll watch it till the day I die.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must be the exception to the rule and I'm sure there are other fans that feel the same way. I enjoy watching the races and don't get me wrong , I would like to see Dale Jr win all the time but I know it won't happen. I really don't dislike any driver but I see it a lot on this board when a certain driver wins or a certain driver causes a wreck or I hate to see that driver win and so on. Maybe it because I'm old school but racing is in my blood and I'll watch it till the day I die.
Totally agree. I have drivers I like and dislike, but it doesn't affect whether or not I watch the next week. Even without a favorite driver I can sit and watch racing. I don't really cheer for anyone in IndyCar but I still tune in whenever possible just to see the racing.

G

·
I really don't think any one driver will change the world and if that was the case,it wouldn't be Carl Edwards. I have said it before and I will say it again...Nascar needs to use a more global approach to getting the top 3 series on the air ,live.Does not make any sense at all that a big part of their fan base is not able to watch events as they happen. They have made some pretty stupid choices in the past regarding who televises the races and people are people....When something is out of site,it becomes out of mind. A big step toward retaining current fans and attracting new fans might just be as simple as making sure everyone can actually watch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts