Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting concept. MA is releasing a whole lot of stuff that's pretty useless, but they can't released actual raced cars that we actually want. Being a Jr./Harvick fan, I usually get the cars that I want (although I'm still very unhappy about the 1/24 Harvick Elvis car) but here's yet another useless piece of crap that I don't need that they're releasing. (By the way, I have decided I will never buy another fantasy car again because I am sick of seeing them drop in price faster than the stock market has been dropping lately!!)

Go to www.qvc.com and search for item c4094

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I agree w/that! When I think back on what DEI Pit Practice cars were going for in the beginning, (the first two) and the Gordon 00' "Fantasy" car.......now they are really cheap. The Gordon hasen't hit the basement yet, but still not what it once was, and DEI cars are like $20.00-$30.00 max?
Rediculous. I/m w/you on that one, No More Fantasy Cars!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
how is that a fantasy car if that is what the pace car will look like? its not like they took a drivers car and put 50th of 500 decals on it. i understand that they need to make more of the regular cars though

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps I should have said a non-raced car. That car will not race, it will only pace the field. It is certainly a new idea, but I don't see much of a demand for it. Just another car that will be on the discount rack in a few months if you ask me, along with all the fantasy and program cars that have been produced. Being the first one, it may sell and then MA will make one for all the races and flood the market, thus losing even more money next year than they did this year. (I am sure they got Hendricks to get Jr. 2 sponsors to help them make some of their money back!!)

I was just point out that the last few fantasy cars, even for Dale Jr. (250 starts) and Dale Sr. (IMHoF) flopped and both can now be found for about half of the original price, and that is why I will never buy them for their original prices again. Thus the title of this thread..... Cars I don't need... and I guess I should add, or don't want. Speaking of which, the JJ championship car (excuse me while I get nauseous) is also listed at QVC, and it is a COT.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
now see that i dont get, why make it a COT? he didnt win the championship in a COT he won it in a regular car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
What I don't get, is some of us are STILL WAITING for the 07' COT of the drivers we want, and they are making more, and cars that they don't need to make COT's. Another MA screw up.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I don't have much of an issue with the pace car or event cars. I just hate those 'holiday' cars. Get rid of those abominations and quit re-re-releasing the same junk.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I do not have a problem with any of the fantasy cars, holiday cars, event cars, milestone cars or any of them UNTIL they pass over actual raced cars by that driver and make these instead.
Which they did for the first time this year (for me) ... so now I officially have a problem with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts