Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a diecast case for my grandson for his room in our house!! I need these to complete the collection according to there website!!!
Yeti
Lightning McQueen - Tongue
Bob Cutlass
Dale Jr. (1 for me & 1 for Him!!!)
Fred
Darrell Cartrip
Mario Andretti
Lightyear Blimp
Dinoco Blimp
Mater - Young Version
These are all new releases of the Cars movie, but what better place than to post it here when we all go to the toys area on a regular basis!!!
Anyone that finds one please let me know, I would rather get one from here than anywhere else. Plus I have many of the older nascar cars, to trade or make a deal!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I haven't even seen the Dale Jr. car on Ebay yet. I may have an extra Brand New Mater laying around somewhere. I think most of the other ones haven't actually hit the stores yet and are only available from direct dealers (i.e. scalpers) on Epay.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
I haven't even seen the Dale Jr. car on Ebay yet. I may have an extra Brand New Mater laying around somewhere. I think most of the other ones haven't actually hit the stores yet and are only available from direct dealers (i.e. scalpers) on Epay.
too high of a price but you get to see what they look like

Dale Jr
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-PIXAR-CA...ryZ19224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cartip
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-PIXAR-CA...ryZ19224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Andretti

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I'll wait for them to hit the stores at a REASONABLE price. It's a shame that people will pay that much to have them first. I wonder what it feels like to pay 10 times what a car costs and then see it on the pegs for the retail price?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wouldn't pay that price either, but if I could get that amount i'd give it up to. If you find it once, it's sure to come around again.

Why be the first to have it anyway? Never really understood that, though I was like that when me and my friends collected baseball cards. It was always nice to pull the chase cards first.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Kind of when the Cars started to show up last year & everybody was grabing the Lizzie & Sarge. Then even up till about a month ago you could still find them on the pegs before the recalls came out.
Got most of mine for the kids on sale for 2 $5. Cant see paying more then $10 for them!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the Lizzie & Sarge went for high dollars last year. Thankfully, I waited that one out, but I figured with our network I would try to get the hard to find ones for this year to keep for my GRANDSON, to finish his case I want to make for him!!!! I can guarantee that non of these cars will ever be for resell anywhere !!!! Non-The-Less EBAY!!!! I will never resell any cars I ask for on this site!!!!!!
But then again 30 years from now, I can't explain what happens to them!!!!
But until then, I can guarantee, that it will not Happen!!!
Every car is sold for retail at $3.88 in this area, plus tax!!!!
What I am trying to make for him is a solid oak case with all of the cars in it's original release, AFTER THEY FINALLY STOP RELEASING CARS!!!!
Now they are releasing Bob Cutlass, Jr, Darrell Cartrip, Mario, Lightyear Blimp, and so on!!!!
I can guarantee to anyone that will help me out, that it will not be sold on EBAY, at least not as long as I am alive!!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to get the:
Lightyear Blimp
Lightning McQueen - Cactus
Ramone - Ghostlight Blue
TJ Hummer
But am still missing the:
Bob Cutlass
Dale Jr. (If I could get 2, 1 for my grandson and 1 for my display case)
Darrell Cartipp
Dinoco Helicopter
Fred
Mario Andretti
Mater Young Version
Any Help would be much appreciated!!!! Considering we all go to the diecast area of Wal-Mart or Target!!
Thanks In Advance!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
These all come out overpriced for the first few months and then they are all over the shelves. I have also heard that here are some Wal-Mart exclusive cars available as well. Patience is a virtue for these. For example, Hamm was very hard to find but now it is all over the place. I would have hated to have paid $25-$30 bucks for that one. I got lucky and found a Yeti in Fl last week, but that one was commanding some big bucks early on. Now it looks like they've dropped in price as well. Give them time and soon there will be enough of them for everyone!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, won't pay more than $5.00 for each. Most people are trying to rip people off so far that I have seen!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I went to a KB yesterday and they said they get their new shipments on Monday about 6 AM. About 10 AM, the "Ebay Lady" comes in and they give her what she wants and then they put the rest out on the rack, but they told me if I call before she comes in they will hold what I want for me to come get at lunchtime. Hopefully I will be able to get over there next week if they finally get the new stuff in, but so far, all I keep seeing is the same old stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have actually seen the latest release at Wal-Martwith the Blimp, Ramone, TJ Hummer, and Cactus Lightning. Never did see the Yeti release, had to pay $10.00 on Feebay!!!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
I have actually seen the latest release at Wal-Martwith the Blimp, Ramone, TJ Hummer, and Cactus Lightning. Never did see the Yeti release, had to pay $10.00 on Feebay!!!
Got the same at walmart last week. Got the Jr., Bob Cutless,Yeti & few other from Kmart on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did they have any extra Jr., Cutlass, Andretti, Cartrip, Dinoco Helicopter, or Fred???

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
Did they have any extra Jr., Cutlass, Andretti, Cartrip, Dinoco Helicopter, or Fred???
Nope, the wife was lucky she found them. She was told they were were on order cause they are hot toys for Christmas. So I hope I can find more cause my son has them opened & played w/ already! LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am a huge Ferrari fan (Tifosi!) and it took me a while to find the Guido and Luigi set but I found them at Wal*Mart a month ago. My view on these is if I find them, great. If not, oh well. I would like to still get the Schumi Ferrari, the Jr and Andretti but I'm not going to buy them off the Bay. I have not bought a diecast off of eBay for about 3 years now. I like the hunt the most and that's what makes the hobby fun. I especially don't like to be gouged for something I may be able to find on my own eventually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.