Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my "Cat" CFS Champions Series COT FINALLY!!!! It is a pretty nice car. I does NOT have the adjustment rods on the front splitter, and I am very disappointed w/that, but it is very nice other than that.
If I can round up a camera I will get some pics posted. All in all, it is a good deal considering it is cheaper than the MA version, and is available. When I get the MA version, I wil compare the two.
It also says on the coa that there are back liquid color versions available. I have not even seen them available for pre-order. Is it me, or is the die-cast world really screwed up this year. More than ever!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Ken, Try being a Harvick collector this year, then you can really have reason to complain about how screwed up the diecast market is this year. Heck for the last few years as far as that goes!!
We now have two cancelled MA cars just for this year that got produced but MA doesn't have the common courtisy to let the collectors or dealers know that they went ahead and made a few that wouldn't be available unless you got in on their secret giveaway or special unannounced programs thru QVC. In actuallity MA is going full throttle at trying to run the collectors off. If it continues I may just get out of diecast collecting all together. It's getting to the point that it's more flustrating to collect than it is fun. Chalk another one up to good ole Freddy I guess.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I am a Harvick collector, and that is part of the frustration. I feel your pain. I just didn't expect to have any problem w/Dave Blaney stuff that has been on pre-order since Feb. and has not been cancelled.
Like I said, is this the worst year yet?

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I received my "Cat" CFS Champions Series COT FINALLY!!!! It is a pretty nice car. I does NOT have the adjustment rods on the front splitter, and I am very disappointed w/that, but it is very nice other than that.
If I can round up a camera I will get some pics posted. All in all, it is a good deal considering it is cheaper than the MA version, and is available. When I get the MA version, I wil compare the two.
It also says on the coa that there are back liquid color versions available. I have not even seen them available for pre-order. Is it me, or is the die-cast world really screwed up this year. More than ever!
The Black Liquid color versions arent up for pre-order cause they come packaged one per case of cars. So basically for every 12 cars a dealer orders 1 is the liquid ones. They really arent as nice as you would think. The only ones Ive seen though have been Gordon's Jim Beam and Martin's Army.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they are basically a "Chase" car huh? I would figure that someone would have one that they wanted to move....especially Dave Blaney. They sure aren't knocking the doors down to get his cars. If ya happen to see one, LMK. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Yeah I dont think any of the CFS cars sold well except maybe the Martin. My dealer got a case each of Gordons Jim Beam and Jim Beam Black when they first came out and they are still sitting in the shop. Thats the onlye full cases besides the Martin he ordered thats how I saw the liquid ones.

Edit - This isnt a very good picture but here is a side shot of the Martin Liquid still in the styrofoam.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's kinda what I expected the Martin to look like. I was curious what the Blaney would look like. If just the black parts were black colorchrome, or if they did like TC used to do and make the whole car colorchrome and not have any graphics on it except the numbers and names. Guess I won't find out for awhile.
Thanks DD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts