1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY guys just heard Chad is suspended 6 races for what happened in Daytona WOW
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

·
2 x Pick One Champion 2012, 2015
1,227 Posts
from Jayski
NASCAR suspends Knaus for six weeks; Hendrick to appeal: NASCAR has issued penalties, suspensions and fines to the #48 team in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rules infractions found on Feb. 17 during opening day inspection for the Daytona 500. The #48 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the rule book or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the event); and 20-2.1E (if in the judgment of NASCAR officials, any part or component of the car not previously approved by NASCAR that has been installed or modified to enhance aerodynamic performance will not be permitted -- unapproved car body modifications). As a result, crew chief Chad Knaus and car chief Ron Malec have been suspended from the next six Sprint Cup Series championship events, suspended from NASCAR until April 18 and placed on NASCAR probation until May 9. Additionally, Knaus has been fined $100,000. Driver Jimmie Johnson and car owner Jeff Gordon have been penalized with the loss of 25 driver and 25 owner points, respectively.(NASCAR)
AND Hendrick Motorsports will appeal sanctions announced by NASCAR related to the #48 Sprint Cup Series team. "Our organization respects NASCAR and the way the sanctioning body governs our sport," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "In this case, though, the system broke down, and we will voice our concerns through the appeal process." Adjustments to #48 team personnel are not planned while the appeal is ongoing.(Hendrick Motorsports)(2-29-2012)

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Also a 25 point penalty

·
JG#24 CE#24 BK#2 KB#41 KL#42
1,156 Posts
Breaking penalty:48 Team

Breaking penalty: NASCAR suspends No. 48 crew chief Chad Knaus and car chief Ron Malec for six races each plus $100K fine. The team will be docked 25 points. Fair or unfair? Discuss amongst yourselves.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
So I don't understand how this is that severe and Clint Bowyer doesn't get anything?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I moved the original thread to the NASCAR Racing section and merged both threads to keep the discussion in one place for the same topic.

·
Out and about
2,699 Posts
The penalties to the #48 seem fair to me. The lack of penalties to the #15 doesn't seem as fair. I'm not saying they deserved massive suspensions and points penalties, but I thought something more would have ben in order.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Nascar politics at it's best.Hendrick Motorsports is a powerhouse whereas MWR isn't...the consistency by Nascar is halfass at best,and obviously Nascar has got to come down harder on them for that simple fact.MWR is barely getting anywhere,and isn't a major threat to the field or a Cup championship,so obviously everyone can see where Im going with this.But if 2006 was any indication,Jimmie will make out ok,and will be in the hunt come November.

*Note: Before anyone responds with "Oh you think it's a conspiracy against the 48 team and HMS",save it,because thats not the point Im making.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Yeah I'm also confused why Clint got off so easy... Seems what Clints team did was no worst than the #48
this isn't Chad's first rodeo...in fact he's beyond 'testing the rules'...he's flat out cheating his arse off and this is just getting caught...by this point with NASCAR'S continuous problems with the 48 he SHOULD be suspended from all team activity for a full year...perhaps that will send a stronger message...at this point all it means is he pays a few dollars in cash probably and he cannot be at the track....means nothing. He will still provide technical information and have his elbows deep in preparation for the cars and races...and really if anything it may HELP the 48 team as he focuses on car development while the mice are away playing....

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
It was explained (I want to say by Matt Clark on Race Hub) that MWR didn't do anything to Bowyers car to make it fail post-race inspection. It was something that could have happened with any team during qualifying session. I don't see how the two relate.. at all.

Come on, this isn't Chad's first go around. It's not so much this one thing, it's a build up of all the things. Isn't that whateveryone was aying about Kyle Busch when he was penalized? "Oh, it's the build up of things". Same thing here.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I could care less about Chad being suspended or the stupid $100,000 fine but I see no reason why they should be docked driver points! He never drove the damn thing on the track. Usually they only take away points if the car won the race with the "unapproved" items/changes.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
the owner points will be docked from Jeff Gordon who is listed as the owner of the 48 and Hendrick Motorsports appealed it so i belive that means Chad gets to go to the track until a Judgement is reached.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
The 48 penalty is fair, the 15 is not, So who is replacing Chad? Lance McGrew? Tony Eury Jr?, now the question is how hard is it for them to make the chase now?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts