Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top 12 drivers who finished in the Busch race are all Cup drivers, so why not just make 2 nextel cup series. It is such a waste for the younger drivers trying to win a title.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I couldn't agree mroe. Why have all the cup guys in the Busch Series anyway. It's like the Major and Minor Leagues in Baseball. You don't see the Major League guys go to the minor leagues and play a game then the next day go and play a game n the Majors. Football is the same way. Once a player goes to the NFL he doesn't go back and play a college game on Saturday's then a NFL game on Sunday's. Let the up and coming drivers have there shot to win races and have the glory and show there talent for the owners in the cup series. This is an ongoing discussion and will always be around as long as Nascar is around. There isn't a solution for this topic and only opinions on it. This is just mine.

·
Registered
724 Posts
DP36 said:
I couldn't agree mroe. Why have all the cup guys in the Busch Series anyway. It's like the Major and Minor Leagues in Baseball. You don't see the Major League guys go to the minor leagues and play a game then the next day go and play a game n the Majors. Football is the same way. Once a player goes to the NFL he doesn't go back and play a college game on Saturday's then a NFL game on Sunday's. Let the up and coming drivers have there shot to win races and have the glory and show there talent for the owners in the cup series. This is an ongoing discussion and will always be around as long as Nascar is around. There isn't a solution for this topic and only opinions on it. This is just mine.
Sammy Sosa is playing in minor league. And not the much talent coming up to Cup anyways even take the wackers out you have a bunch of nobodies like David Green, Steve Grissom and Jason Leffler they outnumber the talent.

·
Registered
564 Posts
KK3869 said:
DP36 said:
Sammy Sosa is playing in minor league. And not the much talent coming up to Cup anyways even take the wackers out you have a bunch of nobodies like David Green, Steve Grissom and Jason Leffler they outnumber the talent.
The point I'm trying to make is that you don't take a QB like Brady and send him to Michigan on Saturdays and play just so they can win. This is the first I have heard of Sosa playing in the minors. Where did you get your info on that.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
KK3869 said:
DP36 said:
They wouldn't be nobodies if they were racing against guys with equal experience. It would take some time once you take the wackers out for them to become somebodies but it would happen eventually.

·
Registered
724 Posts
DP36 said:
KK3869 said:
DP36 said:
The point I'm trying to make is that you don't take a QB like Brady and send him to Michigan on Saturdays and play just so they can win. This is the first I have heard of Sosa playing in the minors. Where did you get your info on that.
This came out a while ago, hes playing for some farm team that is owned by the Texas Rangers.

·
Registered
724 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
KK3869 said:
DP36 said:
They wouldn't be nobodies if they were racing against guys with equal experience. It would take some time once you take the wackers out for them to become somebodies but it would happen eventually.
They wouldn't be nobodies if they didn't fail in Cup, to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
KK3869 said:
JJ48Fan said:
KK3869 said:
DP36 said:
They wouldn't be nobodies if they didn't fail in Cup, to begin with.
Isn't that the point of the Busch series? It's the 2nd tier series.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Heres how I look at it, drivers like Harvick, Kahne, Stewart, Kenseth, Edwards, and Biffle have no need to be in the Busch Series. All of them are very competitive in the Cup series, so why they feel the need to go back to the Busch series every week makes no sense. I can understand drivers like Reed Sorenson or JJ Yeley perhaps racing in a few Busch races for more experience, but for the other drivers I listed, it does nothing but hold back smaller Busch teams and new Busch drivers from being competitive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about this: If a driver is in the Cup series for over 3 years and is still running full time in Cup, then they should be able to run no more then 5 Busch races.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,651 Posts
Well maybe they need to make it if you were in the Chase for the Nextel Cup the year before you cannot race in the Busch series. Something needs to change.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well I think they need to take out those cup guys, that pisses me off that it's always gotta be those same guys up in points in the cup series that finish/win Busch races

·
Registered
724 Posts
SpeedFreak said:
Well... venues like milwaukee...that are pretty much sold out have trouble filling the field...you would think that all those "struggling" busch teams would leap on the oppertunity to run in an event like milwaukee or a few others since it is televised and would be a good place for up and comers to showcase thier talent..gain a few friends... but they don't

I think a lot of the time, the busch series is better racing then cup... I like the idea of cup drivers in the series for a few different reasons

1. Gives more notariety/publicity to the series...
2. Gives the up and comers a chance to show how they could compete against top tier talent... the big news of last year was gilliand(sp?). That he won a busch race by hopping in the car. I belive edwards and harvick ran that race as well.

Now I would change the rules a bit though...
I would not let full time cup guys run for the championship. I would not let cup teams like ev and rousch own or finance busch operations. I would parter those organizations with existing and new busch teams/organizations to help them develop, but would try and put them on a level playing field.....similar maybe to what harvick said last year about boxed engines and stuff.

just my 2 cents.

Darce
Exactly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts