Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nothing against Jimmy Johnson and really not that much against gordon but it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings to see one or both of them crash out in the next two weeks! This back and forth between those two is getting very old very fast. I meant the truck series is close but at least there is drama and excitement. This come from behind to win three weeks in a row is not worth a crap as far as I'm concerned. They mathmatically eliminated 7th thru 12th place today and for the most part unless something happens next week the next three will be eliminated. The chase was suppose to be in place to leep more fans intrested in racing when the football season started. Yet the more it goes on the more I hear fans stating that they don't like it. Keep seeing Jimmy and Jeff winning isn't making anything any better. When your a diehard chevy man and your pulling for Kenseth just because he is someone different to see in the winners circle says it all!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Aside from Bowyer, Johnson and Gordon, all of the Chase drivers have had terrible luck many times during the Chase. Hamlin's had awful problems from racing too hard, water in the tank, crashes. Seems like the other eight have had similar luck. But those three previously mentioned have made all the right moves. When you do everything perfectly, it's easy to run away when the other stumble. I am kind of sick of it too. When Hamlin got into the wall, I was done with the race. I flipped back every once in a while, but I've been pretty bored with the Chase this year. You know it's going to be Gordon or Johnson winning, so why care?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, the only drama is going to be if they stay this close is the all boring Homestead race. Then it will be down to the two to decide the Championship and on a track where excitement is usually a big fat 0.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Well, the only consolation is that, without the chase, Gordon would already be hoisting the trophy, or pretty close to it and it wouldn't be worth watching at all.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That's what I was gonna say KSpool. W/O the chase, the season woulda been over way before this. I really don't know what NASCAR can do to make it any better. Guess we need to handicap the Hendrick cars. Next year it will be a three horse chase if Jr and the team gell.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Exactly right Spool. Gordon and Johnson are picking up where they left off at the end of the regular season. Gordon in particular, was running away with the points lead only to have it all erased and set back to even. Gordon has been the class of the field this year. If this were the first 10 races of the year it would be a different story but since this is the final 10 and it's down to 2 it is kind of boring I'll admit but when you look at the season as a whole the 2 cars at the top are the 2 that have been the most consistent all season and would be 1-2 regardless of the Chase or not. There's not much NASCAR can do about it. If 7-12 didn't have all the bad luck in the Chase it could be a different story. Gordon, Johnson, and Bowyer are getting top 10s every week and others were mired in the 20s. Do that on a weekly basis and you are going to fall behind in a hurry.

Boring: Yes
but the top 3 have been the class of the Chase and are earned there spot and the points gap so I guess there's not much you can do.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Nice Avatar Tech, my daughter went to school w/her....

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Exactly right Spool. Gordon and Johnson are picking up where they left off at the end of the regular season. Gordon in particular, was running away with the points lead only to have it all erased and set back to even. Gordon has been the class of the field this year. If this were the first 10 races of the year it would be a different story but since this is the final 10 and it's down to 2 it is kind of boring I'll admit but when you look at the season as a whole the 2 cars at the top are the 2 that have been the most consistent all season and would be 1-2 regardless of the Chase or not. There's not much NASCAR can do about it. If 7-12 didn't have all the bad luck in the Chase it could be a different story. Gordon, Johnson, and Bowyer are getting top 10s every week and others were mired in the 20s. Do that on a weekly basis and you are going to fall behind in a hurry.

Boring: Yes YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!!!
but the top 3 have been the class of the Chase and are earned there spot and the points gap so I guess there's not much you can do.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
She's from near Pittsburgh originally, and before she got into the new Mickey Mouse Club on the Disney Channel and became famous, my daughter went to high school w/her. She was and is still a Babe......

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The chase this year is really F'ed up! The newer updated version of the points system isn't rewarding the guy that was the most consistant thru the first 25 races. The driver leading the points after the first 25 races should at least be leading the points to start the first "Chase" race, not tied or in second place. Basically Gordon lead the points with almost a 400 point lead and now it looks like his teammate is going to screw him out of his 5th. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the heat, I like JJ for the most part. He is a good driver, I just can't stand Chad's arrogant ass. I'm hoping for JJ to crash out very early at Homestead and Gordon to have a top 10 to take the trophy.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Well, even if Gordo was leading the points, it wouldn't matter since Johnson has reeled off four consecutive victories. I bet the ratings are really stinking, and I bet the Homestead ratings will really suck ass. They are talking about rewarding the most consistent driver, the driver with the most wins-- hell, they should go ahead and reward the guy with the most DNF's, the guy who wrecks the most guys (Jaun Pablo would have been a lock!!), the guy who blows the most engines (Dale Jr. would have been in for sure!!), and then expand the chase to the top 35. Hell, let's just not count the first 26 races-- as a matter of fact, let's not count any of the races and just give the Cup to the winner of the Homestead Race. F*** it!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,707 Posts
i'm not a fan of either but i would rather see johnson get his second than gordo get his 5th.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Same with me Bud. The Chase has lost a lot, since the dominance of the Hendrick cars in the COT!!! With JJ Winning 4 in-a-row it's all but locked up. Looks like a very boring finaly!!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
It is kind of funny, the chase has just skewed the reality of NASCAR and its history. No matter who they give the trophy to, the reality is, ONCE AGAIN, the guy that earned the most points for the season will not be crowned champion. Makes for a paper champion in my opinion. Johnson was almost 400 points behind Gordon before the chase started. They give him a 20 point lead at that time and Gordon still catches and passes him by the 5 races mark. Johnson then goes on a 4 race winning streak, and due to that hot streak will now be champ. The whole season, 36 races came down to nothing more than one driver on a 4 race hot streak.
The entire NASCAR world knows, if the points were still the same as when Dale Sr was alive, Gordon would now have 6 titles, and that part of history being stolen hurts the sport most.
jmo

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I don't particulary dislike the chase, and I don't particularly like Gordon, but he is the most prolific driver and Champion since Petty and Earnhardt, and in my eyes, he should be the 07 NEXTEL Cup Champion. I agree w/you whole heartedly Blacker.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
BLACKER said:
It is kind of funny, the chase has just skewed the reality of NASCAR and its history. No matter who they give the trophy to, the reality is, ONCE AGAIN, the guy that earned the most points for the season will not be crowned champion. Makes for a paper champion in my opinion. Johnson was almost 400 points behind Gordon before the chase started. They give him a 20 point lead at that time and Gordon still catches and passes him by the 5 races mark. Johnson then goes on a 4 race winning streak, and due to that hot streak will now be champ. The whole season, 36 races came down to nothing more than one driver on a 4 race hot streak.
The entire NASCAR world knows, if the points were still the same as when Dale Sr was alive, Gordon would now have 6 titles, and that part of history being stolen hurts the sport most.
jmo
Unfortunately that is what NASCAR wants for the Final 10 Races. It Sucks, but in my heart I am glad Gordon didn't get #5, but still hate the fact that JJ got #2!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea as it stands now the 2 times that Nascar has changed the rules it has come back and screwed Jeff.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
yea as it stands now the 2 times that Nascar has changed the rules it has come back and screwed Jeff.
Gordon has gotten screwed, but that is what Nascar wants!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts