Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info/input on the Checkered Flag Sports NASCAR Diecast? By the looks of it appears to be a new Diecast provider. From what I can tell it has all the markings of Wal-Marts Motor Works brand failed attempt to enter the NASCAR Diecast market.

I for one am curious to see what kind of accuracy/quality they will be. I have ordered a 2007 Chevy Fantasy COT from the NASCAR Super Store. The only places I have seen them is on NASCAR Diecast web sites and e-Bay. I cannot find a web site for Checkered Flag Sports even though they seem to have been around awhile producing NASCAR wearables.

The most information I have found on their Diecast is at:

www.brickelsdealer1st.com/press-release-checkeredflag-011207.htm
And
www.duncanpitbox.com (in Canada)

They have nine drivers listed and I have to assume these are drivers that have not signed exclusive rights to MA. That is how Action Performance cornered the market.

They also have a set of COT by brand.

Dave Blaney
Jeremy Mayfield
Jon Wood Air Force
Jr Motorsports Make A Wish
Ken Schrader
Mark Martin
Robby Gordon
Sterling Marlin
Tony Raines

2007 Chevy Black Test Car of Tomorrow
2007 Chevy Fantasy Car of Tomorrow
2007 Dodge Black Test Car of Tomorrow
2007 Dodge Fantasy Car of Tomorrow
2007 Ford Black Test Car of Tomorrow
2007 Ford Fantasy Car of Tomorrow
2007 Toyota Black Test Car of Tomorrow
2007 Toyota Fantasy Car of Tomorrow

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Mike, I can't really help answer your question but I thought I would pass on some info. 1st of all I purchased mine in Robby's track side trailer. 2nd, The Robby Gordon black Jim Beam I bought is not very accurate as far as detail. There are no support members on the front valance. Not all of the sponsors on the front fender are exact as far as what is suppose to have been run. the paint is not as hard baked on as MA's cars are. I had to really look hard to find one that didn't have paint flaws on it. In fact I actually found a chip in the paint when I took it out of the package this morning to take pics to post. However, CFS is at least making attempts to produce diecast that M/A is apparently not looking into producing and I will try and support them to keep M/A in check as much as I possibly can.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thans For Info on CFS

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that on the Accuracy and detail. All I have to go by was what appear to be photos/drawing as opposed to actual car pics. I know in the pic’s I have seen it appears on the COT the splitter looks more like a full valance.

I wish them luck but availability and limited driver offerings are not going to help. Prices look ok though.

That is what I saw happen to the other contenders. Racing Champions, Hot Wheels Racing, etc. Action Performance signed the top drivers to exclusive coverage. RC was left with Terry Labonte the JJ to carry them. Hot Wheels never had a chance as they ended up almost Roush exclusive along with Team Caliber. Now Hot Wheels did have some cool offerings with the Drag Bikes, Team Busses, Blimps, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts