Diecast Crazy Forums banner

How days should a member have to wait to claim another car?

• 3 days

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 5 days

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 7 days

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • none...claim asmany as you want?

Votes: 13 31.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
I dont think there should be a waiting limit. If you have a car that is deemed eligible to be put up, then you should be able to claim as many as you want.

I have a shelf full of quality cars that, due to not keeping as good of track as I should have of what I have bought in the past, I have acquired multiples of over the years. I have had little luck selling them, so it is pretty much my "PIF" shelf...

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
i'm with John [MENTION=3362]Dale3DaleJr88[/MENTION] min of 14 days it gives all members a chance to see what car is up.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
HELL YES there should be a limit, in my opinion. Because unfortunately what I saw several times were a certain few people snapping up great cars (to sell) and putting up decent cars (that wouldn't sell). The basis of that thread was for helping people have a chance at a nice car for their collection without having to break the bank and keep a wide variety of cars circulating through. It wasn't meant to help someone's inventory. Just my opinion and I don't want to sway anyone, but I'm thinking at least 30 days. If it means the thread goes slower, so be it, but at least the cars are going to collectors, not sellers.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
7 day minimum between claims.Otherwise unfortunately you will have someone who claims a car claim his crown jewel the next PIF.7 days allows all members a chance to view the PIF and have a equal chance at claiming a car.Also allows new members who join a chance and allows them to put up a car.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I will abstain from voting in the poll simply because I haven't claimed any cars yet; however I will add that the few cars that I have been interested in have been snapped up so quickly that I haven't had a chance to get in there and get them.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I agree that it would be nice to have a few days for the car to be seen by as many people as possible before allowing it to be claimed, but how do you determine WHEN it will be up for claim? Your going to have the same problems of "I can't sit here all day waiting", or "Damn, I really wanted that car but I was at work"

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk 2

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding the question... Is it how long should 1 person wait after claiming a car before he can claim another one? Or, is it how long will 1 car sit before it can be claimed?

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,216 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding the question... Is it how long should 1 person wait after claiming a car before he can claim another one? Or, is it how long will 1 car sit before it can be claimed?
The way I understand it is, if you claim a car then you would have to wait for a period of time before you can claim another one. It's a claiming limit he is asking about.

·
Crazy Navy Vet
7,926 Posts
I say a week is fair.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
How about instead of a certain amount of days, a certain amount of cars unless we have a stall where nothing is moving?

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
I vote a week. Im sure my 2 cents dont count. But there it is.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
I agree with [MENTION=3362]Dale3DaleJr88[/MENTION] . While I voted 7, I personally feel that there should be at the very least a 2 week minimum, although I think a month is best. That limits someone to a maximum of 12 claims a year which will give other users opportunities that they otherwise wouldn't have had to claim a car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.