Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet Knaus is to blame for this too...

Jeff Gluck @jeff_gluck
Wow. FOX reporting Clint Bowyer's car "is not going to clear" inspection. They flunked height sticks, tried again, apparently flunked again.
Marty Smith @MartySmithESPN

Clint Bowyer 15 didnt meet height reqirement in front of car first time thru post-qual tech. Moment of truth now. twitpic.com/8m4p6i

Tim Moran @golic_2004

Not good for Clint Bowyer. Failed inspection. Time disallowed and he'll start in the rear for the Gatorade Duel.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
NASCAR said there won't be any further penalties besides going to the back for the Duel.

So how exactly is this 'less significant' than what happened with the 48 in INITIAL INSPECTION? 48 car fit the template, but they're gonna get further penalties because NASCAR didn't like the C-posts before the car was ever even on the track, yet Bowyer's car fails height requirement AFTER being on the track and it's really no big deal?

NASCAR makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
From what I have heard on both I will try to explain as they have put it.

The C-pillar deal actually made them faster, and was outside the normal tolerances they like. It was as they rolled off the truck, prior to ever hitting the track. Nascar didn't like how it was, so they told them to change it.

As far as Bowyer, it was all about shocks not coming back up to ride height like they normally would after a run. As you saw, it wasn't any huge advantage anyway, but they would have made the race even if they posted the slowest time so I see no point in fine.

·
Out and about
2,699 Posts
From what I have heard on both I will try to explain as they have put it.

As far as Bowyer, it was all about shocks not coming back up to ride height like they normally would after a run. As you saw, it wasn't any huge advantage anyway, but they would have made the race even if they posted the slowest time so I see no point in fine.
Shocks not coming back to ride height is a huge deal. Ask Chad. But the logic of "they would make the race anyway" makes no sense. So, anyone inside the top 35 shouldn't be penalized?

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Shocks not coming back to ride height is a huge deal. Ask Chad. But the logic of "they would make the race anyway" makes no sense. So, anyone inside the top 35 shouldn't be penalized?
No I didn't say that, but as far as NASCAR standpoint on this race, he still didn't gain anything at all. Qualifying time wasn't P1, and still has to race in the duals, so with that said do I think it was worth some big mess. The different between the 15 and 48 are huge IMHO, 48 if weren't caught could possibly have an advantage, while the 15 only had an advantage for either pole or better position in a qualifying race. The issue with shocks could have been as easy as them failing during that, or someone did try to sneak one by on tech.

Honestly with this the issue with Nascar. They allow teams to build certain things without reason, but the C pillar wasn't really out of a tolerance, just not to their liking. Now if someone knew what that really ment, who knows. Do I think they should be penalized, nope because they didn't hit the track with the car like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts