Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, time for smak and pick of pride. Who is your college team and why are they the best. Let's hear it from all of you and while keeping it competitive let's also keep it friendly lounge style. I know it is no surprise to any of you that I will state the Oregon Ducks are THE team. (Would really like to hear smak from the formally #5 ranked Wolverines fans to the contrary) As well as talking smak, let's offer up predictions of players from our teams who we all feel will become pro players and why. My Ducks have the best QB I have seen in a long time. Mr. Dixon is headed for greatness. What say all of you?
 

·
TCL Original
Joined
·
7,021 Posts
I say the Florida Gators are the defending National Champions and are BAD ASS on the field. Will they win the title this year? Can't say for sure because when you replace nine defensive starters, it's very hard to talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on Troy and give up 31, you can't really talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on the backwoods 'billies of the Tennessee mountains and only give up two field goals, one offensive touchdown and one defensive touchdown (thanks Riley), you can talk HUMONGOUS smack. The Gators are for real and so is Tim Tebow. Percy Harvin will make you cry. Riley Cooper is Florida's newest EFC (extrememly fast Caucasian). The defense is led by the youngest linebackers ever to start at Florida and I would like to introduce you to Mr. Brandon Spikes and his sidekick, Dustin Doe. I can't wait for the Auburn game for the sake of redemption and I can't wait for the LSU game for the sake of knowing where we really are in football terms. The backwoods 'billies of FiveHead Land were supposed to be that test, but the rest of the country better hope that wasn't a test. Because if it was, UF will not only be back-to-back champs in basketball, but they'll do it on the gridiron as well.

It's GREAT to BE a Florida GATOR!

Let me hear you say ORRRRRRRRRRRRAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGE....

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
Believe, You better keep a hanky in the back pocket when them Gators meet our LSU Tigers. Tigers are going to be strong in Baseball, Basketball (Boys and Girls team!) and football this year.
Geaux Tigers.......nuff said!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,722 Posts
all i got to say is...... Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner
 

·
TCL Original
Joined
·
7,021 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Believe, You better keep a hanky in the back pocket when them Gators meet our LSU Tigers. Tigers are going to be strong in Baseball, Basketball (Boys and Girls team!) and football this year.
Geaux Tigers.......nuff said!!!!!!!!!
Like I said, it will be a huge test. The Tigers are looking bad ass as well. Hell, the coach said they'll be in the title game against USC, I believe. You guys were looking forward to getting to Atlanta last year, but uh......we know what happened to that. The Bayou Bengals are on my radar.......and I know my Swamp Lizards have a target on their back. All I can say, Mr. Bojangles, is they better BRING it.....

One more thing...if you're so sure your Bayou Bengals are going to win, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Because after that game, both of those things might be VERY close to my right cheek.... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
LOL !! Don't know about putting any wager on football. If the kids and the next door neighbor weren't such big LSU fans I wouldn't even have known they were Tigers!! I would have thought they would be the kittens or something like that!!!!
 

·
TCL Original
Joined
·
7,021 Posts
fishin4cars said:
LOL !! Don't know about putting any wager on football. If the kids and the next door neighbor weren't such big LSU fans I wouldn't even have known they were Tigers!! I would have thought they would be the kittens or something like that!!!!
Hmmm....sounds like a kitten wrote that post.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
I believe my Huskers will be a force to be reckoned with. They won't win the National Champ, only because they lost to #1 ranked USC, but they hung 35 points on em' so we are getting there. Go Big Red and the "Black Shirt D"!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FFighter_21 said:
I believe my Huskers will be a force to be reckoned with. They won't win the National Champ, only because they lost to #1 ranked USC, but they hung 35 points on em' so we are getting there. Go Big Red and the "Black Shirt D"!!
I have to bow to you amigo. First honest response to college football by a fan who admits the Pac 10 is the baddest in the league. The BS or I should say BCS is redjudiced to thinking the big 10 are it. Yeah right, whatever. I am a Ducks fan but will always respect USC. They are storied, they are baddass. But I will tell you this: If the Ducks continue on like they are, Rose Bowl champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
GO GATORS !!!
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Believe said:
I say the Florida Gators are the defending National Champions and are BAD ASS on the field. Will they win the title this year? Can't say for sure because when you replace nine defensive starters, it's very hard to talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on Troy and give up 31, you can't really talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on the backwoods 'billies of the Tennessee mountains and only give up two field goals, one offensive touchdown and one defensive touchdown (thanks Riley), you can talk HUMONGOUS smack. The Gators are for real and so is Tim Tebow. Percy Harvin will make you cry. Riley Cooper is Florida's newest EFC (extrememly fast Caucasian). The defense is led by the youngest linebackers ever to start at Florida and I would like to introduce you to Mr. Brandon Spikes and his sidekick, Dustin Doe. I can't wait for the Auburn game for the sake of redemption and I can't wait for the LSU game for the sake of knowing where we really are in football terms. The backwoods 'billies of FiveHead Land were supposed to be that test, but the rest of the country better hope that wasn't a test. Because if it was, UF will not only be back-to-back champs in basketball, but they'll do it on the gridiron as well.

It's GREAT to BE a Florida GATOR!

Let me hear you say ORRRRRRRRRRRRAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGE....

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!
I concur, Amigo! Florida is looking good right now. I just worry that Tebow is carrying the ball too much and will wind up hurt before the season's end. Also, our Gators are a very young team. Having to travel to LSU, Kentucky, and South Carolina will be tough. They didn't impress me much against a mediocre Ole Miss team last weekend in a rowdy environment. I hope they can keep the gang all together for four years and they will do some special things. I'm looking forward to revenge against Auburn this weekend. Then LSU awaits.... My hope for that game is that Florida catches LSU's defenders out of position for some big gains. LSU has destroyed every QB they have faced but Tebow keeps moving so hopefully that will minimize the amount of punishment he takes since he won't be just standing there in the pocket like a deer in headlights. They can beat LSU for sure, they will just have to play a great game. Losing 200 yards to penalties like they did against Ole Miss will kill them. They will have to eliminate the sloppy play to beat those bayou kitties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Arkansas Razorbacks. Our Head Coach sucks and is hopefully on the way out this year, but we have the best player in the SEC bar none. Probably in the country.

#5 Darren McFadden

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA[/ame]
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I believe my Huskers will be a force to be reckoned with. They won't win the National Champ, only because they lost to #1 ranked USC, but they hung 35 points on em' so we are getting there. Go Big Red and the "Black Shirt D"!!
Well, they bit the big one, and the same week as USC takes a crap, so NO TITLE this year!!!!
But I'm a true fan, and will stand by the "Black Shirts" until the end. Let's get in a decent bowl and then win boys!!!
I say Nebraska, you say...."Huskers"!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
DodgerBlue said:
Believe said:
I say the Florida Gators are the defending National Champions and are BAD ASS on the field. Will they win the title this year? Can't say for sure because when you replace nine defensive starters, it's very hard to talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on Troy and give up 31, you can't really talk humongous smack. When you hang 59 points on the backwoods 'billies of the Tennessee mountains and only give up two field goals, one offensive touchdown and one defensive touchdown (thanks Riley), you can talk HUMONGOUS smack. The Gators are for real and so is Tim Tebow. Percy Harvin will make you cry. Riley Cooper is Florida's newest EFC (extrememly fast Caucasian). The defense is led by the youngest linebackers ever to start at Florida and I would like to introduce you to Mr. Brandon Spikes and his sidekick, Dustin Doe. I can't wait for the Auburn game for the sake of redemption and I can't wait for the LSU game for the sake of knowing where we really are in football terms. The backwoods 'billies of FiveHead Land were supposed to be that test, but the rest of the country better hope that wasn't a test. Because if it was, UF will not only be back-to-back champs in basketball, but they'll do it on the gridiron as well.

It's GREAT to BE a Florida GATOR!

Let me hear you say ORRRRRRRRRRRRAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGE....

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!
I concur, Amigo! Florida is looking good right now. I just worry that Tebow is carrying the ball too much and will wind up hurt before the season's end. Also, our Gators are a very young team. Having to travel to LSU, Kentucky, and South Carolina will be tough. They didn't impress me much against a mediocre Ole Miss team last weekend in a rowdy environment. I hope they can keep the gang all together for four years and they will do some special things. I'm looking forward to revenge against Auburn this weekend. Then LSU awaits.... My hope for that game is that Florida catches LSU's defenders out of position for some big gains. LSU has destroyed every QB they have faced but Tebow keeps moving so hopefully that will minimize the amount of punishment he takes since he won't be just standing there in the pocket like a deer in headlights. They can beat LSU for sure, they will just have to play a great game. Losing 200 yards to penalties like they did against Ole Miss will kill them. They will have to eliminate the sloppy play to beat those bayou kitties.
Bayou kitties, LOL Them Tigers are Bad! Every one likes talking that smack. Tigers like taking it to the top... Like #1 by all votes!!
 

·
GO GATORS !!!
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
I think this is going to be one of those seasons where we might not have any undefeated teams when it is all said and done. Anyone that watched the LSU-Florida game that knows anything about football can see that Florida is every bit a s good as LSU. They moved the ball on that "awesome" LSU defense. They stopped LSU's strong rushing attack from getting big gains. They led the whole game. They just didn't get any breaks in the 4th quarter. Everything went the Tigers way. That is the way it goes sometimes. I hope it works out for them to meet again in the SEC Championship Game.
 

·
TCL Original
Joined
·
7,021 Posts
It's easy to talk smack when your team wins because all you need to talk smack is a victory behind you. Come back and talk smack when you actually watch the game and know what happened. Until then I'll have last year's title and the knowledge that Florida had that game but couldn't stop the momentum and the gambles of one Les Miles. My props to LSU and Les for having those brass cajones to not only go for it on five fourth downs, but to convert EVERY GOD BLESSED ONE. If LSU plays for the national title, I'll root for them to win, but if Florida rolls (somehow) into the SEC title game against LSU, those Bayou Kitties better check their jocks and know that if they play that way again, the odds and the flow will surely go against them this time. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, but you can't be lucky all the time. Once again, props to LSU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
Bill, I'll have to agree with what you are saying to a large part! I haven't watched a single game all year! You know what, I probably won't either! LOL, Maybe the championship game if LSU holds up until then. heck I haven't watched a pro game either so yea I'm talking smack since they are ranked this week at #1. Hey, Got to pull for them hometown Tigers because Them N.O. aints sure aren't giving us anything to pull for!!!

My saying for all you football fans, If they don't have 4 wheels and go 200mph I probably don't have the first clue as to what is going on!. Glad Eric and my son are helping me out in the fantasy league! At least I have a better record than the Saints do!!! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
OK Believe, I watched the game this week! Problem is I got no smack to talk now! Them kitties choked!!LOL Was a good game, but Kentucky just let them kitties know that they aren't invinsible!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,722 Posts
as much as i am glad that LSU lost, i will be the first to say that the refs gave that game to kentucky. they did not score that TD in the first overtime. he was stopped just short of gettign in and the reffs gave it to them.
 

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
OK Guys, my team is got to be the BADDEST (literally). The Huskers really crapped today! They got blown out out by the Oklahoma State Cowboys at Lincoln on Homecomming! I can't remember the last time they lost this bad and I am 49 years old and have been following them since I was 7 years old! It is a bad year in Husker Land.........this is worse then Michigan and Notre Dame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
So far VT and SC are looking good. Especially after both my teams lost to LSU but now they're going stronger. VT's defense finally kicked in during the Clemson game, thank God they got some momentum. They didn't play any ranked team in the first game, and there offense looked disapointing, Glennon looked terrible. They definately weren't ready for LSU and got stomped. Then at Clemson they showed up and kicked it into gear, not to mention Tyrod looking great. Sucks now that he got injured, I hope he can get back soon! BC is next!!!! As for the Gamecocks, I think they can handle what they have in front of them right now for the most part. They might have a few tough games, but I believe they can show up and get it done
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top