Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HIGHLY reccomend that lionel or any other diecast company should make 1/87 scale, i bet tons of people would buy them!!!!!!

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
I would only buy them if they are not over priced.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Although I am not a 1/87 scale collector, like everything else, there is a market for them. The question obviously, is cost versus market. They were a mass market item for MA through the Winner's Circle brand, and Lionel currently doesn't distribute any product via those channels. I dont think there's a broad enough base through their current distribution network, and I don't see collectors buying these through the mail. ($5-$6 shipping for a $3 car?)

I think Spinmaster would be a more viable option to bring back this scale if it were to happen. The big question is to they have the molds or the capability? Would it be profitable for them? As I said, I don't collect them, but I know of some hardcorse 1/87 collectors out there ([MENTION=1149]Steve[/MENTION]) who would love to see more of these cars on the market. It would be great if everyone could see that they wanted on the shelves.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
NO!

·
CraZy about 1:87
749 Posts
I have said several times that I would join a car of the month style club ... here's how I see it working for 1:87

- each week the race winner's car will be made, unless the scheme or a minor variant has already been done in the current season (so if Jimmie wins 3 weeks in a row in the same car, we'll only see it once, but if he won in 3 different cars, we'd get all 3)
- if the race winner was already made, choose another car from the field
- once per month a scheme will be chosen and produced as the car of the month, the criteria could be wide open, perhaps voted on.
- ship once per month

That'd be 5 cars per month, 60 per year.

I'd sign up for such a thing if the price was right.

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
I'd do the Race Winner Diecast club thing. Be cool
to have 1 of each and not break the bank. Maybe they could ship the cars every month do u could save on shipping by getting 4 cars at once.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a really good idea!!!!

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
I really think that if Lionel,Action, and Spin Master each put out a decent 1/87th car that people would buy them. These companies have to try and need to listen to the collectors. Lets say 30 people buy these. well thats 30 times lets say $3.95 for one car which equals almost $120 just for 30 micro cars. They can make money, but who knows

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yes. They could make the smaller team cars and see how well they sell. There is a market for it so why not run a test and see how much they sell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts