Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see a lot of people saying they would have rather seen the TANGO RACING last night.

Now isn't it funny how just a few weeks ago we were bravoing NASCAR for ending that stuff?!

Now I know tonight was a wreck fest, and it left a lot of teams in the red (the 51 team the worst) car wise, but don't tell me you want the tango racing back full time! Was last year's Bud Shootout memorable? Barely, because nothing memorable happened.

I hope they don't race like that all the time, but hell it's a lot more interesting to watch than tangos OR a single file line for 100 laps.

People MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I'm STILL on board and always will be a proponent of anything but that crap from last night...don't care for it...never did. All it does it tear up sheet metal and leave a conest of last car standing...rolling...whatever. That sucked. A lot of good cars taken out from one bad move. Say what you want about the tango...I liked it, and I was certainly not one suggesting they fix it...this crap is what they tried to eliminate for driver safety. Gordon was lucky to escape with a damaged race car and nothing else...this pack stuff will eventually kill a driver...

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
I think it makes for more exciting racing. U have to stay consistent the whole race. You need to stay toward the middle and back of the pack and then if you have a good enough car then you can shoot towards the front when it's time to go.

I think they were driving really aggressive right off the bat. I think knowing you only have 75 Laps is different then having 500 when it comes to how aggressive your going to run.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I think it makes for more exciting racing. U have to stay consistent the whole race. You need to stay toward the middle and back of the pack and then if you have a good enough car then you can shoot towards the front when it's time to go.

I think they were driving really aggressive right off the bat. I think knowing you only have 75 Laps is different then having 500 when it comes to how aggressive your going to run.
I think hiding out at the back and then racing to the front isn't real racing either. I just think restrictor plate racing, in any form, sucks, and there is no answer for it, except maybe to put them all out there in V-6's and let them run wide open.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts

I think hiding out at the back and then racing to the front isn't real racing either. I just think restrictor plate racing, in any form, sucks, and there is no answer for it, except maybe to put them all out there in V-6's and let them run wide open.
This

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I kind of liked the 2 car tangos, but they were just boring at times.

I feel bad for all the teams that have to rebuild cars after this "demolition derby", but I will also say this was the Bud Shootout, an exibition race. No points on the line, just a trophy for 1st. I will go out on a limb to say that the Duels and the early stages of the 500 will be a lot more toned down.

Also, stop hating on plate racing. I know it's "not real racing", but come on do you have to complain about it? Tell me that wasn't exciting to watch last night?

I wish they could have kept the old Daytona surface, because THAT was cool, but this is the closest damn thing now.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
The first 9 laps were great, I dont like restrictor plate crashes, i honestly dont like crashes period, but I think this is an early sign of what is to come in the duels.

·
Banned
434 Posts
[MENTION=2846]LIRR415[/MENTION], you do realize that they repaved Daytona cause the previous surface was 31 years old and starting to wear out, did you forget the 2010 Daytona 500 when they had to stop the race twice cause of potholes between turns 1 and 2, so who is to argue that Daytona really was in need of resurfacing?

I will comment on the Shootout, great racing love both the pack racing and the tandems, NASCAR made a good decision with their plate package, by watching last night's race I can boldly predict that you can run in packs most of the race but the 2 car tandems are still gonna win the race, you probably noticed they ran in packs all night and then broke into the tandems on the final lap, that is the point i'm trying to make here, hate that my HMS drivers got crashed out, and congrats to Kyle on winning the race.

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
No doubt...I thought it was exciting and kept me glued to my seat till 10:30.
I still like pack racing but they are spinning out at to easy.

·
Living Crazy
4,959 Posts
It didn't just happen in the corners though.

The left rear is a "no-touch" spot anywhere on the track. Bowyer found that out the hard way.
I agree I think that can happen on any track, but with the high speeds of the super speedways Nascar will step in.

·
Jamie Mac 4 Ever!
895 Posts
I agree I think that can happen on any track, but with the high speeds of the super speedways Nascar will step in.
I said this in another thread. But I think the left-rear issue is only at Daytona and Talladega due to the rules package for those tracks.

We will see though.

I also said in this thread that it can happen anywhere on THE track, not any track.

·
#DawgPound #Believeland
2,605 Posts
i read some of these, idk if someone covered this, but the wreck fest was mostly because the left side bumper, as we seen multiple times, making the cars loose, and spin. also, when gordon shot up, it looked either he was loose, or over corrected. i think nascar will learn, and try to fix these incidents, but i agree, a demolision derby is not racing, so im really wondering what daytona 500 will bring forth (by the way JOHN CENA BABYY, waving the flag)

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
To be honest I was glad to see the cars back on the track. I'm a fan of NASCAR racing in any form. Granted I don't like the crashes or to see any drivers get hurt. But the finish was awesome & looking forward to the DUELS on thursday. Again Congrats to Kyle on winning the Shootout last night. I hope this is the 1st of many more wins in 2012 for Kyle.

·
JG's biggest fan in PA
1,816 Posts
This wasn't even a race! It was hideous! I have never seen that many people wreck in a race like that ever. I was holding my breathe the whole night, I really felt like some bad injury was going to happen the way they were wrecking. And when Gordon wrecked that was the last straw. Nascar needs to step in and change this. I don't care if it exciting or not, nothing is going to be exciting when someone gets hurt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts