Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
they should, its costing teams a lot of money to build 3 different types of cars, if they can get it down to 1 it'd be a lot cheaper and not as much time in the R and D for both cars

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
What is wrong with the car we had?

This isnt Import Tuner.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
kharvick29fn said:

This isnt Import Tuner.
The answer to that is Toyota. NASCAR is trying to appeal to that market now and that's where the COT came from. Isn't it ironic that Toyota and the COT came about at roughly the same time? Makes you wonder...

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
yea but see out of all of them (COT)

The Toyota looks like an Import Turner.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
kharvick29fn said:

This isnt Import Tuner.
The answer to that is Toyota. NASCAR is trying to appeal to that market now and that's where the COT came from. Isn't it ironic that Toyota and the COT came about at roughly the same time? Makes you wonder...
Yea once the Toyota comes out, they think it's right to slap a wing and fender adjustment to the car. I personally don't care if it's for performance reasons, but I think it's a little more than that and that's what pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i wasn't a huge fan of the cot. but i'm willing to give it a chance. hey, who knows maybe those d shape tracks won't be as boring anymore

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
If they are going to impletment it, they might as well go FULL-TIME!!! Make it fair for the smaller teams!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Make sense to me, I like the COT basically because of its saftey improvements epscailly the bigger greenhouse area. Personally the car doesn't look ugly or tuner to me just different.

·
Legendary Member
25,327 Posts
I think that Jeff Gordon made the smartest statement of all about this: Why don't we until we have raced it before we make any decisions?" Let's face it, they haven't seen the damn thing in an actual race environment yet and they're already willing to say it's a success. Has NASCAR been taken over by the government?

·
Registered
724 Posts
kspool said:
I think that Jeff Gordon made the smartest statement of all about this: Why don't we until we have raced it before we make any decisions?" Let's face it, they haven't seen the damn thing in an actual race environment yet and they're already willing to say it's a success. Has NASCAR been taken over by the government?
The same thing with some of the fans who look down on it "its ugly, its a tuner car, it will never race well" It hasn't even raced yet, give it a break people.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Nothing against COT here, Heck I've said for years that there is nothing about a nascar car that looks any thing like the street versions anyway. All the cars are template cars anyway with maybe a front grill a manufacturer symbol, and a rear side window being the only thing you can notice any difference on and at 100-200 mph how are you actually going to see that! As for the look, a lot af folks didn't like the looks of the superbird either with it's big wing. If you are a real Nascar fan you have to appreciate that car for it;s history in Nascar. To me to date that is one of the coolest cars EVER run on a nascar event track!! The topic is though is the COT car going full time too early? In my opinion yes. Has it been raced yet? NO has it been involved in a real on track multi car accident? NO Has a driver been in it during a race and experinced it in true race trim? NO Does anyone really know how safe the car is and can it handle a high speed crash? NO Is it ready for a full season? No Seriously this car needs some research time before they completely eliminate what are already very safe cars!! We all see week in and week out some horrific crashes and the drivers walk away. If this car is being put into use for the purpose of safety then so let it be, but until these cars can convience every driver that they are safe and the safety crews have seen what one of these cars does in a full blown wreck. I believe they need to be tested at the slower tracks and moved up through the series of tracks until everyone is comfortable for it to be raced at Daytona and Talladega. Then and only then should any consideration be given for them to be run full time.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well Bowyer bumped the wall in a test, and his front end came off and he couldn't go back to testing for a long time. Might this end bump drafting and short tracks?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Another thing about the safety improvements. My views on that are: No I don't ever want any person hurt especially in my favortie sport, but these drivers are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars and not to mention publicity and all the good stuff with that. Why make the sport boring just to make it a little safer, that's like weakening the tackles in NFL. They are so focused on safety, they're losing competition and sport overall. People that enlist in the US Armed forced get paid S*it and they actually do get killed and injured. They get paid close to nothing, not to mention alot of negative publicity by the governments liberals.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mearsfan25 said:
Another thing about the safety improvements. My views on that are: No I don't ever want any person hurt especially in my favortie sport, but these drivers are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars and not to mention publicity and all the good stuff with that. Why make the sport boring just to make it a little safer, that's like weakening the tackles in NFL. They are so focused on safety, they're losing competition and sport overall. People that enlist in the US Armed forced get paid S*it and they actually do get killed and injured. They get paid close to nothing, not to mention alot of negative publicity by the governments liberals.
Think of it more like this its like the Armed Forces getting a more safer Humvee or football players getting stronger helmets. Yeah its dangerous in all and all, but it will make the driver feel a lot safer.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
KK3869 said:
Mearsfan25 said:
Think of it more like this its like the Armed Forces getting a more safer Humvee or football players getting stronger helmets. Yeah its dangerous in all and all, but it will make the driver feel a lot safer.
Feel safer,? yes but is it truly safer? Again, I think it needs to be used and run before they take it full time in 2008. Keep in mind guys they also have this car in mind for breaking apart the draft somewhat at Talladega and Daytona. It is not suppose to be able to take the bump draft like the old cars so does this put the racing back into the drivers and teams hands or does this cause a more serious problem when the cars can't breakaway and they all stay in a very tight group because they can bump draft anymore. Again this is why I don't agree with it being ready for 2008 full time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts