Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR has repeatedly said the COT IS NOT A GENERIC car. Looks like the issues with DE Jr., Johnson, and Gordon are proving that statement FALSE. It is just a matter of time before the engines used become an issue. Then they will be equalizing that issue by requiring one engine for all (Hello TOYOTA.) After all the NASCAR powers that be want “ALL” cars to be equal don’t they.

Then they will be just like IRL and look what that has done for the IRL. The IRL uses Chassis from the UK and Italy and one engine Honda. So much for the Indy 500 and the The Great American Race.

Looks like it will not be long before NASCAR follows IRL’s down hill lead. Now they have a foreigner winner, next they need a foreign car to win, then a foreign driver, driving a foreign car.

It looks like they (The France regime) should change name NASCAR to something like France International/World Racing Association.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The more generic the cars are, the better the racing is going to be. Would you rather see the same teams win every week while everybody else is having constant handling issues? I also agree with what BillFan9 said.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COT Still Generic

You guys must be big IRL fans after all that series runs generic cars; of course they are all foreign built and powered. Today there is only one IRL race that starts a full field of 33 cars and fills the stands with spectators the Indy 500 billed as the Great American Race. The rest of the races are 18 to 21 cars, so everyone that shows up has the opportunity to participate. If that is the way you want to see NASCAR go then so be it.

As far as the COT goes it is a new design and NASCAR has admitted there are gray areas, just as NASCAR has reiterated time and time again that the COT is not a generic car. The way I see it the current issues prove those statements by NASCAR to be FALSE.

Being a new design, things should be as they have been in the past. If a car fails a pre qualifying/race NASCAR should make a ruling on if it is legal or not and give the teams the opportunity to correct.

If the car is found to be altered after the initial inspection, the offender should nailed to the wall. And to be fair all competing cars should be inspected.

In saying that NASCAR should come out an officially announce that there are NO GRAY areas in the COT.

So if you want dull boring humdrum generic racing like IRL, Champ, and F1, just wait a while and NASCAR will provide it for you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Re: COT Still Generic

MikeNTex said:
You guys must be big IRL fans after all that series runs generic cars; of course they are all foreign built and powered. Today there is only one IRL race that starts a full field of 33 cars and fills the stands with spectators the Indy 500 billed as the Great American Race. The rest of the races are 18 to 21 cars, so everyone that shows up has the opportunity to participate. If that is the way you want to see NASCAR go then so be it.

As far as the COT goes it is a new design and NASCAR has admitted there are gray areas, just as NASCAR has reiterated time and time again that the COT is not a generic car. The way I see it the current issues prove those statements by NASCAR to be FALSE.

Being a new design, things should be as they have been in the past. If a car fails a pre qualifying/race NASCAR should make a ruling on if it is legal or not and give the teams the opportunity to correct.

If the car is found to be altered after the initial inspection, the offender should nailed to the wall. And to be fair all competing cars should be inspected.

In saying that NASCAR should come out an officially announce that there are NO GRAY areas in the COT.

So if you want dull boring humdrum generic racing like IRL, Champ, and F1, just wait a while and NASCAR will provide it for you.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
BillFan9 said:
Believe it or not foreigners can drive cars and do it very well. NASCAR needs more people like JPM to boost the sport.
no they dont, if there were more drivers like him they would all wreck themselves and nobody would finish the race.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
So far there's not much evidence that the COT is going to make racing equal, Gordon, Johnson, Busch, they have always shown dominance. Mabe it's a little early to develope an outcome for the COT, but it certainly still has the same teams and drivers proving dominance.

·
Registered
724 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
BillFan9 said:
Believe it or not foreigners can drive cars and do it very well. NASCAR needs more people like JPM to boost the sport.
no they dont, if there were more drivers like him they would all wreck themselves and nobody would finish the race.
like our drivers are any better

*cough* David Ragan, David Gilliand *cough*

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
*coughs* Bodines....

If you have a problem with Nascar doing what it's doing I betcha hate other sports huh? MLS...nothing AMERICAN about it really....European sport called "football". NFL...hmmm American athletes for now....going to be playing games over seas on occasion to raise hype....MLB China need I say more? and don't forget the AMERICAN LEAGUE has a CANADIAN team called the Blue Jays...Nascar raced in Japan on a couple occasions and it was cool. Cart/IRL are whiney unraceable lil peices of crap to me. I got to see em practice one year and oh my they can't even get close to eachother....bye bye excitement. If a top teir team would pick up someone like Bill Lester or hell even when Aric wins for real you gonna bitch about that? Nascar would be dead if it was still the southern confederate feeding sport it once was. The United States is a diverse country where everyone should be equal yes that is a crock of shit but most sports say equal in some way. JMO

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
thunder_alley1984 said:
*coughs* Bodines....

If you have a problem with Nascar doing what it's doing I betcha hate other sports huh? MLS...nothing AMERICAN about it really....European sport called "football". NFL...hmmm American athletes for now....going to be playing games over seas on occasion to raise hype....MLB China need I say more? and don't forget the AMERICAN LEAGUE has a CANADIAN team called the Blue Jays...Nascar raced in Japan on a couple occasions and it was cool. Cart/IRL are whiney unraceable lil peices of crap to me. I got to see em practice one year and oh my they can't even get close to eachother....bye bye excitement. If a top teir team would pick up someone like Bill Lester or hell even when Aric wins for real you gonna bitch about that? Nascar would be dead if it was still the southern confederate feeding sport it once was. The United States is a diverse country where everyone should be equal yes that is a crock of shit but most sports say equal in some way. JMO
So why is every time a beer can gets thrown on the track at Gordon it's a bunch of southern ********? :rash:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
BillFan9 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
BillFan9 said:
And Stewart hasn't taken anyone out? Ask Kahne, Edwards, and Kenseth about that.
i aint sayin that, but Stewart sure as hell aint tried to take out someone every race including his team mates, unlike Montoya.

·
Registered
724 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
BillFan9 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
BillFan9 said:
And Stewart hasn't taken anyone out? Ask Kahne, Edwards, and Kenseth about that.
i aint sayin that, but Stewart sure as hell aint tried to take out someone every race including his team mates, unlike Montoya.
Gee, I don't remember him pulling anything stupid at the first Daytona, Cali and Vegas, so that wouldn't be "every race" now would it :rollseyes:

And like Stweart didn't do dumb stuff in his rookie season:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRY79mat34]clicky[/ame]

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
You guys must be big IRL fans after all that series runs generic cars; of course they are all foreign built and powered.

I am not sure of the meaning of KK3869’s post but I think he is very photogenic. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
BillFan9 said:
What is wrong with a foreigner winning? Is NASCAR supposed to be an all white sport? Believe it or not foreigners can drive cars and do it very well. NASCAR needs more people like JPM to boost the sport. Toyota is more American made than just about any other car on the road. If you were a real NASCAR fan you would want the sport to grow and thats what its doing. I live in NC and believe me it sucks that they closed down North Wilkesboro and Rockingham but they had to do gain exposure. Did I whine and complain about it? No because they did it to better the sport. It looks like to me that you should start thinking about the big picture before you complain about things that are making the sport better.
Nothing against where a driver is born or comes from. It just that Montoya would be better at being a crash test dummy than a Nascar driver. :maddriver: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
You guys must be big IRL fans after all that series runs generic cars; of course they are all foreign built and powered.

I am not sure of the meaning of KK3869’s post but I think he is very photogenic. :rofl:
It means your a crybaby
So much for intelligent life on planet earth.

·
Registered
724 Posts

MikeNTex said:
KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
It means your a crybaby
What are you an alien or sometihng? A little green man in disguise?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
KK3869 said:
MikeNTex said:
It means your a crybaby
What are you an alien or sometihng? A little green man in disguise?
Who is this KK3869. Looks like he has deeper issues to deal with than whether or not the COT is a Generic Car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.