Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being 76 years old and considered an "old fart" by the medical community I was able to get my vaccine today at my local Henry Ford Hospital location. Had a great looking nurse who treated my like the great gentleman I am. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Everything was very well organized and laid out in order.
In and out in 25 minutes which includes a 15 minute observation time after you have your shot.
What a country!
Go back on March 19th for the 2nd dose.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
Being 76 years old and considered an "old fart" by the medical community I was able to get my vaccine today at my local Henry Ford Hospital location. Had a great looking nurse who treated my like the great gentleman I am. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
In and out in 25 minutes which includes a 15 minute observation time after you have your shot.
What a country!
my wife and i are both 71 and we get ours this week at kaiser. i aso had the option of va. glad you got yours.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What a country!
My wife and I got ours this past Tuesday. We were in and out in 30 minutes, and go back in a month for the second dose.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I got my first one. No issues so far. Glad to get it so I can go about life again soon hopefully. They’re gonna require em on cruises we go on, so it was either get one or find a new vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
4,763 Posts
My mom (71 years young) got her first Covid vaccine shot on 2/6 and gets her second one on 3/13. I am waiting for my turn, but have a little while to go since I am only 45.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I thought I had Covid in January last year as I had something with some weird symptoms I had never had but then I did an antibody test and came back negative, so I dunno. It’s weird how this virus behaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'll be 71 in March.

Got my first one on February 12, going back for the second one on March 12.

My wife is only 53, so she has to wait, and wait, and wait . . . :mad:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
As an employee of DOD, I received my second shot a couple of weeks ago. No side effects; not even much of a sore arm.

·
Landon Cassill #1 Fan
2,949 Posts
i turned 33 last week and got my first shot a week and a half ago, i'm on the local fire dept. so thats how i got one, but i was in and out in 25 minutes with a 15 minute observation time, they say if you've had covid you can experience side effects, i was extremely sick at the begining of march 2020 so thought for sure i had it but had no absolutely no side effects with my first shot

·
Premium Member
16,938 Posts
I got both doses in January. I work in healthcare, I am in the business intelligence department, and my employer opened up the vaccines for all employees. First dose was rough the second not so much.

·
Super Moderator
2,555 Posts
my 70 yr old mom dont want the vaccine and i have a month until im 50 so i dont qualify yet

·
Registered
845 Posts
Luckily my parents and my wife's mom got the vaccine. My wife and I registered but I still have a bit before I can get it as I'm in the group 2 rollout. I work in construction but have an office job (been working from home). I hope as many people as possible get the vaccine so we can return to normal. I also have a 1 year old at home so I hope they can get a vaccine for kids soon as well.

I will say that even after I get the vaccine and the pandemic passed, I will probably continue wearing a mask in public (at stores) and continue to social distance at stores as well. The flu numbers have been down dramatically this season (2020-2021) so I think people staying in and using masks and social distancing is making people less sick (go figure).

Reactions: Oldtimer
1 - 20 of 52 Posts